Chapter thirty-eight

Mumbai

Anand's next gift arrived. It was packaged in a huge box. Huge enough to contain a person. It arrived when Poonam and Shraddha were in the living room watching a daily soap to pass away the time. Poonam was still waiting for her luggage which hasn't arrived. That reason kept her in the living room. If not, she would have stayed in her room all day until her sister returned from school. When the gift arrived and she heard it came from her father, she wanted it to be opened right there and then so that she will see what her father brought for her so-called mother. The box was opened by Shraddha herself. With the help of the worker, they took out a huge frame. It was embedded with Shraddha and Anand's wedding photo. Putting down the glasswork carefully on the sofa, Shraddha took out the rest of the frames which held pictures from their wedding.

Poonam's anger was visible on her face. She couldn't believe her father could do that to her mother. He removed her pictures in his room to replace them with someone else's.

"Ma'am, your luggage has arrived."

"Send it to my room." she ordered and proceeded upstairs to her room. After the worker kept her luggage and closed her door, her anger blew out. She destroyed things in her room. Doing that was still not enough to quell it. After her eyes settled on the luggage, she ripped it open and removed all the gifts she bought for her father. She marched the wristwatch with her heel and the glass smashed. Other things such as a ring, boxes of chocolates, she threw them out from her window. She has decided not to give him anything as he doesn't deserve her love or her mother's. How could he betray them by loving someone else? She was at last glad she was not living in the house because she could never tolerate seeing him acting nice to Shraddha. It felt like a stab in the back against her mother.

Her mind concocted another idea and she nodded affirmatively mumbling there was no way those pictures will stay in the house or her father's room.

She stormed out of the room while Shraddha was climbing the stairs with them. As she halted from her journey, thoughts to push her off the stairs crossed her mind. She would have done it if it was in the past. But not anymore. She can't die easily. She has to beg forgiveness from her mother for ruining her life first before she leaves.

Shraddha sent her a brief smile while passing her to go to her room. She was so excited the room will be having their pictures. On the other hand, Poonam rolled her hands into tight fists. How could a person like Shraddha have a place in her father's heart? She thought.

She went after her to the room. Shraddha had already started putting up the pictures against the wall. Another devil whispered to Poonam to push her off the cushions she was standing on.

"Well, that won't hurt. She won't die." her mind remarked. She started to approach her. Just as her hands were about to push her to fall, someone held them.

Shraddha finished putting on the pictures and came down. Poonam turned and saw the woman that stopped her. She looked at her with anger because if not for her, Shraddha would have fallen and it would have given her immense joy to see her in pain.

Shraddha also didn't recognize the lady. However, her aura was like an angel's. So beautiful she was. Her smile filled her face with beauty.

"Excuse me. Who are you?" she enquired politely.

"I was sent here by Mr Anand. I met him at the hospital. He asked me to visit his wife Shraddha because our personality matches. He also said we'll become best of friends when I meet her. After I arrived, one of the sisters directed me to this room. Are you her?"

"Yes, I'm Shraddha."

Poonam groaned while she forced her legs to walk her out of the room. She already met one Shraddha. She doesn't want to meet another.

Shraddha and the lady instantly bonded with each other. After sitting down, Shraddha asked her some questions about herself.

"I'm Aisha. A forbidden fruit."

"Forbidden fruit?" she repeated wanting to know what she meant by that. The lady smiled and began to elaborate.

"My family are sworn enemies with someone. He thinks they killed his parents so to take revenge, he is trying to get to them through me. He's stalking me. He wants me to go to his hell. He wants to hold me as his prisoner. But I'm a forbidden fruit. He wishes to hold me, but he's made me forbidden to him."

Shraddha tried to understand what she meant. The words registered into her head gradually but she sadly didn't comprehend where she was coming from. She held her soft hands to pass her support from her side.

"I'm sure you don't understand." the lady smiled a sad smile not surprised as no one will except they see for themselves. "I suggest you read my story titled the Forbidden Truth. Nothing is hidden there. It was published today by the author, sunrays20. I hope we'll keep in touch." she leaned and embraced Shraddha briefly. Shraddha smiled and promised to go through the story so that she can understand her and help her.

"Everyone should. I'm running late now. I have to go. But I hope we'll meet again soon. I'm glad I met you." she got up and Shraddha personally escorted her to the gate. They hugged again. She also promised her again that she'll read the book and add it to her library.

I've published a new book guys. Please show me support! It is titled, Forbidden Fruit🥹🥹🥹🥰.