Chapter 1~The new job~

It was a normal day on June 6th 2022, I was late to work. As I was waiting at the bus stop, I watched a little boy and his mother across the street window shopping. The little boy pointed at a toy in one of the shop windows. Then the little boy and his mom enter the store as my bus pulls up to the stop. The bus doors open, I pay my cash and I sit in my seat. My phone buzzes and I look at it. I answered the call and began to speak, “Hi mom, ” I said with a sigh.
     "Hello dear, " my mom answered in her normal happy tone.
     “How are you?” I answer back
     "Great dear, how are you? " she replied.
     “I’m okay.” I say with hesitation
     "That's good dear me and your father just got back from the supermarket, " she said then continued, "how is L.A. treating you?"
     “Oh I love it here, I just wish I was back home with you,” I said mopingly
     "Oh we wish you were here too dear. I hope you have fun. Me and your father have to put away groceries, "My mom said.
     “Okay I’ll let you guys get to it then,” I say.
    " bye dear talk to you later, love you, " my mother said with this random burst of energy.
“Bye, Love you too,” I say quietly. As I hang up my bus stops at my destination. I say Thank you to the bus driver and get off the bus.
     “This is it,” I sigh, “First day of video editing let’s hope I don’t screw this up.” I say with a big huff. I walk into the seven story building up to the front desk.
     "Hi ma'am, what are you here for today," the lady at the front desk says.
     "Yes I am the new video editor for StageCut Co." I told the lady.
     “Oh yes we’ve all been so excited to meet you, I’m Ally.”The lady said
     "So where do I go? " I asked, trying to get to my station.
     “Oh yes, here is your key to get into the building and your office go to the third floor all the way down the hall to the right, that's where your station is.” Ally said in a cheerful voice
     "Thank you so much," I say to Ally, then start to walk to the elevator.
     “You’re so welcome love, just holler if you need anything.”Ally yelled over to me as I walked to the elevator
     "Will do Ally have a nice day," I yelled over to Ally as I clicked the button for the elevator. I waited a few minutes then the elevator dinged then the two doors opened. I was shocked to see nobody on the elevator. I walked onto the elevator and clicked the button for the third floor. I walk all the way down the hallway to find my office on the left side all the way to the right. I open up my computer and start to edit. The list of things on a sticky note on my desk.
     I hope you guys like this book so far this is only the first chapter I am hoping that I get more words into the next chapters or so tell me if there are any grammar mistakes please and I will fix them as soon as I can <3 (word count:571)