Chapter 3~The coffee shop~

I walked over to a Starbucks that was just down the road a little bit. So I could get a French vanilla iced coffee. As I was sitting in my seat with my coffee I looked out the window to see these beautiful blooming cherry trees. I thought this scenery was so pretty, I had to draw it. So I pull out my sketch book out of my bag and I start to draw. And I hear a sort of familiar voice  from behind me. 
     “Hi,”the man from the elevator said,as he walked up to me,”Is it ok if I sit here?”
     “Ya, of course,”I answered looking up from my sketch.
     The man sat down.”I’m Colby by the way.What’s your name?”he said.
     “I’m Valerie but you can call me Val,”I told him. Then it hit me that he was on his vines with his best friend Sam. I used to follow them way back when.
     “That’s a beautiful name” He said cheerfully
     "Thank you" I said with a shy smile.Then looked back down at my sketch.
   "What are you drawing,”Colby asked.
     “I'm drawing the cherry blossom trees outside,”I replied to colby.
     “Can I see how it looks so far,”Colby asked in a sweet voice.
     “Ya sure,” I said as I flipped my sketchbook so he could see.

*the sketch*

   “This looks really good so far,”Colby complimented.
     “Thank you,”I said as he turned my sketch book back to me. I started to add the details and shading to the drawing.
     After a few minutes of awkward silence Colby spoke,"So me and my friends are having a party tonight and I was wondering if you would want to go."
     I looked up from my drawing and at Colby. I wasn't too sure if I wanted to go. I mean I just met this guy. But I can never turn down a party."Sure I would love to go," I replied to Colby.
     "Great, let me give you my number. I'll text you the address and time, it's Friday by the way," Colby said, seeming shocked that I said I wanted to go.
     "Ya that sounds great," I said and handed Colby my phone so he could put his number in my phone. I saw him type something then his phone lit up. I figured he texted himself on my phone so he could get the number. I might be able to make some friends at the party since I just moved here last week. I started to think.
     Colby handed me back my phone."I texted myself on your phone btw so I could get your number saved."
     "Ok ya that's fine," I said as I finished shading my art piece.
     " I'll text you the address and time later but I gotta go, my friends are waiting for me back at home, bye," Colby said as his phone lit up.
     "Bye, see you Friday," I said as Colby walked away. I looked down at my phone and saw it was 4 p.m. I got up, closed my sketchbook and walked out of Starbucks and to my truck.
      When I got home I started to cook something for dinner. I looked through my cabinets and decided to have Mac and cheese since I wasn't that hungry anyway. I ate my Mac and cheese while I watched a Netflix series. After I watched a few episodes it was around 11 p.m. so I got up to get ready for bed knowing I have a long day of more editing tomorrow.
(Word count:602)