Chapter 7 ~The party~

After about 5 minutes of us all talking, people start to walk into the house. The house started to get packed quickly. I then looked around and I wasn't by Colby anymore. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a White Claw from its designated cooler. I crack it open then take a drink. I then started to walk around the house, there were people everywhere. As I was walking around I saw a sliding glass door that looked like it led to the backyard. I figured since mostly everyone just got here it wouldn’t be as crowded.
     I walk over to the sliding glass door and open it. I walked into the back yard, there was a pool and some pool chairs to sit down by the pool. I walk over to one of the chairs and sit down.  There were people everywhere and I couldn’t deal with all of these people pushing and shoving me.
      While I was sitting down drinking my white claw this guy came up to me. He looked like he already had a buzz and was holding a bud light.
     "Hey, sweetheart,"the man said, then sat next to me, putting his hand on my thigh.
       Right before I was about to say something Colby walked outside. I decided I was going to use this as an opportunity to not get me in a fight. I watched as he looked  through the people.
      We then locked eyes. I call out, "Babe, I'm over here." I then waved my hand gesturing to come over to me, and that he should just play along.
      Colby walked over and said, "Hey, baby is this bothering you. "As soon as Colby finished his sentence the man practically was running away.
     "Thank you Colby, I was about to start a fight if you were probably not out here and if you wouldn't have walked out what you did," I told colby, with a sigh of
     "It's no problem, I saw you looked Uncomfortable," Colby said then added," Did he do anything to you?"
      "Ya i'm fine, the only thing we did was put his hand on my thigh, "I responded. Reassuring me that I was ok.
          "I'm glad you're okay if you would have hurt you he might have had a black eye on the cops might have been called,"Colby said as he sat down next to me.
     " Colby, you wouldn't have to do that for me. I can defend myself ,"I said in a calm voice.
     "But that wouldn't have been a fair fight. He is a man and you're a woman," Colby said.
     "And what does that have to do with anything? I come from a bad background and can fight a bee. Trust me I put two grown men in the hospital when I was 20. I think I can fight one dude by myself," I said in a little bit of a cocky tone.
     "Okay whatever you say," Colby said, dragging out his words.
     "Do you want me to show you the court case," I asked in a bitchy tone.
     "Ya I do,"Colby responded.
     "Fine," I said and pulled out my phone and opened Google to search up the news heading they used. I then showed Colby the news report.
     "The News lies a lot," Colby said. Then took another drink of his white claw.
      "Fine, then give me a moment," I responded with an attitude. I then searched up Valerie Acker's criminal record and clicked on it. Once I clicked on it you could see my jail picture and what I was in for I showed Colby my phone
     " Fine, I guess you can hold your own," Colby said, then looked down at the ground.
     "Aww is someone sad that they were wrong," I said in a sarcastic tone.
     "Shut up," Colby said, then looked up.
     " Hey don't be mad at me Mr Brock," I said and Colby just looked at me like I had said a forbidden word.
     "what did you just call me," Colby said, then chugged the rest of his white claw.
     " Mr Brock got a problem with it," I said then chugged the rest of my white claw .
     "yeah I do actually," Colby said then he picked me up and wouldn't let me down.     
     "Colby put me down," I said, trying not to hurt him.
     "and if I don't," Colby said in a joking voice.
     "I will hurt you," I said in a little bit of a joking angry voice.
     "And how will you..." Before Colby could finish his sentence I dug my nails into his back," ow val that hurts stop," Colby said as he said as he sat me back on the ground.
     "Maybe you should have set me down when I told you to,"I said then crossed my arms.
     "I didn't think you were actually going to do anything,"Colby said then looked down.
     "Ya sorry I didn't mean to hurt you that bad,"I told Colby truly feeling bad for what I did.
     Colby said then looked down. Ya sorry I didn't Colby truly feeling bad mean to hurt you that beat bad. I told for what I did. "It's fine." Coby said then looked back up at me.
      "I feel really bad, "I told colby.
     "Hey don't worry. about it I deserved it I didn't your wishes, but anyway let's go get another drink," Colby said. I could tell he was trying to change the subject.
     "Ya. I just finish mine." I respond to Colby for bringing up the Me hurting Colby. I truly felt really bad about hurting him.
     "Same. Let's go to the kitchen," Colby said. Then we started to head inside. We walked to the Kitchen and Colby grabbed me a white claw.
     "Thank you," I told colly.               
     "Welcome" "Colby said. Then someone called his name.
     "Colby!" A guy yelled he had dark brown hair.
     "Hey, when did you get here?" Colly asked the guy.
     "About 20 minutes ago,"The guy said.
     "Oh that explains why I didn't see you. I was hanging out in the backyard,"Colby said. It seemed like he forgot I was there so I walked away from him and that other dude.
     They kept talking as I walked away. Colby didn't even notice. I walked into the living room and sat down on the coach. The girls from earlier came up to me.
     "Hey, Valerie, right , do you wanna come take some shots with us," Tara asked. She seemed like she had a buzz already and so did the rest of the girls.
     "Umm ya sure,and ya I am Valerie," I said with a smile.
     "Yay," Kat yelled. With a tone of excitement in her voice.
     "Let's go get some shots, girlys,"Devyn said as we all walked to the kitchen.
     After we took our shots the girls started joking around with each other. I felt out of place so I walked away and just went and sat back down outside. The house was just too crowded for me to deal with and there were like no people outside. As I was sitting there after about 5 minutes the guy Colby was talking to walked over to me.
     "Hey sweetheart I don't believe I got your name earlier," he asked me.
     "My name is none of your concern," I responded with an attitude.
     "Oh you a feisty one aren't you sweetheart," the man said. I was about to snap.
     This is the second guy tonight that tried to ask me out. I knew I couldn't use Colby as my cover up boyfriend because I'm pretty sure this is one of his friends.
     "You need to leave me the Fuck alone and never call me sweetheart again," I responded probably sounding like a total bitch.
     "What's the problem baby girl if you just tell me your name maybe I would call you sweetheart," the guy said then he smirked and winked at me.
     "My name is Valerie now get the fuck away from me whatever you name is," I responded about to punch him.
     "My name is Brennan, bye Valerie and here," he handed me a paper then walked away. I unfolded the paper and it looked like it had his phone number written down on it.
     When I was about to get up and through the paper away Colby walked up to me.
     " Hey, what's on the piece of paper,"Colby said, slurring his words.
     "Just a dude's number I didn't even want to talk to," I responded to Colby.
     "Who was it I'll fight them," I could tell Colby was drunk by the way he kept on slurring his words.
     "Colby, how much have you drunk tonight," I asked, knowing I just won a bet.
     "10 white claws, 1 bud light, 2 bloody Marys, and 4 shots so far," Colby said then sat down next to me
     "Colby, you're already piss drunk and it's only 2 a.m."I said, by this time the party had died down quite a bit.
     "I'm not piss drunk,"Colby said, then he rested his head on my shoulder.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys I have been taking a break and reading a lot more. My life has been pretty crazy recently and my uncle just died so we have been dealing with all of that. I love all of you and I will be pre-writing a ton for you guys. I had to split this into two parts but the next will be like right after the part ended and just a few conversations and then falling asleep. And as always tell me if you have any filer ideas for the story.
(Word count: 1623)