chapter 8 ~after the party~

"Colby, you need to go to bed. Mostly everyone is gone except Devyn, Kat, xpher, Tara, Corey, Jake and Sam. And aren't they all spending the night?"I told Colby was about to answer and then I continued,  "Colby you need to go to bed you'll thank me tomorrow when your hangover isn't as bad."
     "But I'm not tired and I'm not even that drunk," Colby said as he slurred his words.
     "Ya ok buddy you need to go to bed," I told Colby then he smirked after I said that. So I added," Why are you smirking?"
     "Oh don't worry about it," Colby said still slurring his words and chuckled to himself.
     "What are you laughing at," I responded to Colby after he chuckled.
     "Well if you really want me to go to bed then I have a proposal," Colby responded with a stupid grin on his face.
     "And what might that be?" I asked Colby as he was still smirking.
     "Well if you sleep in my room with me..... in the same bed," Colby asked as he looked into my eyes and he was figeting with the rings on his fingers. The continued," Then I'll go to bed but only if you do that."
     "Colby I'm not going to sleep in the same bed as you," I told Colby the thought to myself,' I'm drunk but I'm not that drunk. And I mean I don't even know this guy that well and he just asked me to sleep in the same bed as him."
     "Then I'm not going to bed,"Colby said then walked over and grabbed another bottle of whiskey. And took a drink.
     " Ok not my problem," I responded and walked over to the white claw cooler and opened it to see that there was no more white claw left."Damnit,"I said and then walked over to the cooler with all of the bottles of wine and with the vodka. I grabbed the vodka out and pour some in a glass and in a shot glass. I got out the cranberry juice from the fridge and put some in the glass of vodka then topped the glass of with more vodka. I took the shot then left the shot glass on the table and grabbed my drink and walked out into the living room where Sam and Colby were talking with Kat, and xpher.
     "Heyy Val!," Xpher said in a higher voice.
     "Hi Xpher!" I said back and sat next to her.she then jokingly put her arm around me.
     I scotched closer to her and I say Colby looking at me from the corner of my eye. He looked like her was mad. So I leaned my head on Xpher's shoulder and she moved her arm to wrap around the shoulder that was farther away from her. I looked up at her and we both bursted out laughing.
     I saw Sam look and me and Xpher weird then look back at Colby. Colby looked at me and Xpher then looked back at Sam.
     Sam then spoke,"well I think I'm gonna go to bed are you coming with me Kat?"
     "Ya I'm coming. Goodnight," Kat said to us.
     "Goodnight beautiful," Xpher told her.
     "Night gorgeous,"I told Kat. As she walked up stairs with Sam. About 2 minutes later I heard a door close.
     I got up and finished my mixed drink and sat it down in the kitchen. Then walked back out to the living room. Colby sighed and sat back on the couch.
     "Are we going to be going to bed soon or..."I asked Colby and Xpher.
     Colby then said," I'm not going to bed until you agree with me."
     "Well looks like your staying up all night,"I said to Colby and leaned against the wall.
     "Oh come on I'm getting tired,"Colby pouted.
     "Then go to bed," I told Colby. I saw Xpher walk out of the room.
     "No I'm not gonna give in and plus I'm not even that tired," Colby said and then I walked past him and I could feel his eyes staring at me as I sat down where Xpher was sitting down at.
     "You just said you were tired," I told Colby.
     "Ok maybe I am tired but I'm not going to bed unless you are just sleeping in my room I can sleep on the couch that I have in there," Colby said with a yawn.
     "And why would I agree to that when I can just sleep on this couch," I told Colby trying to make a point.
     "Ya well this couch is extremely uncomfortable. I passed out on it a few times and every time I woke up in the morning I had a back ache and a headache but the headache was from the hangover," Colby said. I was sure Colby was joking so I laid down and acted like I was comfortable. Which was a total lie this couch isn't comfortable at all Colby was right.
     "See super comfy,"I lied to Colby.
     "Your lying I can tell by your body language," Colby said then added," I don't want you to get up and have a back ache and a hangover trust me it's not fun. Just sleep in my bed and I can just sleep on my couch."
     "Colby if anything you can sleep in your own bed it's your house and your room. I can just sleep on the couch in your room. Because you were right this couch is super uncomfortable," I told Colby. Then shifted myself on the couch so I wasn't laying down any more. I really can't imagine sleeping on that couch all night my back already started to hurt just from laying there for not even 10 minutes.
     "Then it's settled your sleeping in my bed and you can't say no. And I'll be on the couch in my room," Colby said as he stood up. And walked over to me.
     "But I feel bad I don't want to just take your bed from you," I told Colby as he pulled me up off the couch.
     "Well your not moving so if you don't want to just take my bed from me I could sleep next to you," Colby said with a smirk on his face.
     "And if I just don't sleep in your bed and let you have it," I asked Colby.
     "Well then I'll put you back on the bed and even if you keep moving I will put you back on the bed," Colby said as his hand went and rested on the small of my back. As we walked upstairs to what I believe is his room.
     "Ugh, fine we can just sleep in the same bed. But if you toach me I will smack you,kick you, or elbow you in the gut,"I told Colby. As we were at the top of the stairs.
     "Geez can we come to more reasonable terms damn,"Colby said as he opened the door to his bedroom. His bed had all black sheet pillow cases and a comforter that looked like they were silk. There were two bed side tables, a dresser, and a clothes rack in the corner.
     "I mean I guess why not how about if you touch me at all I get to punch you in the face unless I'm to tired and don't feel like it," I told Colby trying to figure something out.
     "Alright that seems far enough,"Colby said as he walked into the bathroom with only a pear of sweatpants in his hand.
     I sat down on Colby's bed and started to take off my shoes and I set my jean jacket on Colby's bed side table when he walked out of the bathroom with only his sweatpants on.
     "Hey umm do u want a hoodie or a shirt and some sweatpants. I can't imagine sleeping in a dress is comfortable," Colby said as he looked at me talking off my shoes and putting the by my jacket.
     "That would be great thank you," I told Colby as he went to his dresser drawers. Then he walked over to the clothing rack and grabbed a hoodie.
     "Here you go the bathroom is right over there," Colby said as he handed me the clothes.
      I walked over to his bathroom and closed the door. After I closed the door I slipped off my dress and into Colby's clothes. I rolled the waist line of the pants so the wouldn't be to big around the waist. Then rolled the pant legs up so I wasn't stepping on the pants as I walked.
     When I walked out of Colby's bathroom. I saw him sitting on his bed looking at his phone. I walked over to Colby's bed as I folded my dress. Once I got over to Colby's bed I picked up my shoes and set my dress down. The put my shoes back down on top of my dress.
     I sat down on Colby's bed and he looked up from his phone. "Hey there gorgeous,"Colby told me as I shifted to lay down.
     "Ok don't call me that Mr. Brock," I told Colby as I tucked myself under the covers. But was still sitting up.
     "Sorry, just wanted you to know that your gorgeous,"Colby said with a frown.
     "Dang. Sorry, I've been dealing with dudes hitting on me all night,"I said to Colby truly feeling bad about it.
    "It's fine don't worry about it. I mean I would say I understand but I don't because I don't have dudes calling me gorgeous and hot all night," Colby said looking into my eyes. His eyes were so blue and bright. It was like the were sparkling. Like the moon on a lake.
     "I mean ya but you have to have girls hitting on you all night, don't you?" I asked Colby. I looked away from him not wanting to get lost in his eyes.
     "Well ya I do but I just feel like getting hit on by a guy is much different than a girl. I mean guys are most of the time stronger and more intimidating," Colby said as he got comfortable in his bed. After he set his phone on his night stand.
     "I mean ya it is. Because sometimes it's like he is really aggressive and mean looking and I don't wanna fuck with him," I said to Colby glad he was kind of understanding.
     "Ya well I'm getting tired I'm going to go to bed, goodnight," Colby said with a smile on his face before he turned over and faced to opposite direction.
     "Night," I told Colby as I started to get comfortable facing the opposite direction of him.
     After about 2 minutes I got comfortable. I sat there and listened to Colby's breathing until it evened out about 5 minutes later. I was almost asleep when I felt and arm wrap around my waist. I almost woke him up but couldn't just looking at his face he looked so peaceful. So I got comfortable in his arms and fell asleep.
I know that when I have been posting it is pretty late in my time but that is the only time I have to work on my story.I know that this is a really long chapter but I couldn't split this one into two parts. I hope y'all Injoyed the book so far. And don't forget to tell  me what you think and if you have any idea for me to add.
(Word count: 1935)