Chapter 16 ~Getting ready~

.     The morning was pretty normal I got ready for work and went in. On my way to work I took the bus and talked to this really nice old lady. Who said I remind her of her granddaughter.

.     When I got to the office Allie was sitting at the front desk, like always, we had a normal conversation like ,how is your day going.

.     Once I got to my office I looked at my sticky note and it had less videos to edit then normal. Ugh that probably means that they are the 24 hour videos.

.      I pulled the videos up on my computer and to my surprise there was only about 3 hours of footage all together. This is weird they normally give me at least 5 hours of footage at least.

.     I shrugged the started to edit the videos. When I got done it was about 2 because I was getting up to get snacks and drinks quite a bit.

.     I got up out of my office chair and left my office. I walked over to the elevator and clicked the down arrow and waited for it to get to my floor.

.     When I got in there was only one person on the elevator. Hm he looks familiar. I shrugged off my thought and saw it was already going to the 1st floor.

.     "Hi, you look familiar,"The guy next to me spoke.

.     "I was thinking the same thing, I'm Valerie by the way," I said and stuck out my hand for and hand shake.

.     "I'm Reggie," he said as he shook my hand. We let go of each other's hands then the elevator hit the 1st floor. We both got out and went out separate ways.

.     I walked toward the door. Not looking up and paying attention to my surroundings and got bumped into. While looking at my phone to get an Uber.

.     "I'm so sorry, I was just looking at my phone to-," And that's all I got to say before he cut me off.

.     "Hey, no need to worry about it Valerie," He said as I finally recognized that voice. It was Colby.

.     "Oh, I'm so sorry I guess that makes it a little less awkward than," I told him as I played with my fingers a little bit.

.     "Yup, I guess it does..." I said then continued," Well I'm going to go finish calling my Uber."

.     "You know how I feel about Ubers Valerie. Let me drive you home," Colby said.

.     "No it's ok plus you just got here," I told him.

.     "Well what if I was here to see you," Colby said you could tell after he said it he regretted it.

.     "Colby, I need to go bye," I told him then looked down at my phone to see my Uber had been cancelled. I let out a grown then started getting a new one but to my surprise nobody was open.

.     "What wrong, no Ubers that will take you," Colby asked.

.     "Ya, I'm just gonna walk home," I said and started to walk.

.     "No, I'm drinking you home I'm sure you don't want to walk 5 miles home," Colby said.

.     I came to a stop. I knew I didn't want to walk 5 miles but still. I need to get ready so I had no choice but to say, "Sure let's go."

.     We walked out to Colby's car. The radio was off and it was a almost silent ride until we we about 2 minutes away from my apartment Colby asked," What are you doing tonight?"

.     "I have plans with a.. friend," I didn't want to tell him I had a date because I could tell he liked me.

.     "Oh, who's the friend?" Colby asked me. I started to fidget my fidget rind on my finger.

.     "It's my boss, we are gonna go over some of the people I'm editing for and stuff," I said I knew that was a big lie but I didn't know what else to say to him.

.     "Oh ok," he said as we pulled into the parking lot for my apartment.

.     "Bye, see you later Colby," I told him as I started to get out of the car.

.     "Bye, see you Friday ,Val,"Colby said. I closed the car door and walked up to my apartment.

.     I went to go get changed I was told we were going to a restaurant then a movie so I wanted to dress fancy but casual.

.     I ended up wearing a black long sleeve turtle neck. With a grey plaid skirt and black knee high boots.

 With a grey plaid skirt and black knee high boots

*The outfit*

.     For my make up I decided I was going to do a light brown smokey eye with a light pink lip gloss. For my jewelry I decided to wear a butterfly necklace on a golf chain and a ring with black gems on a golf ring.

 For my jewelry I decided to wear a butterfly necklace on a golf chain and a ring with black gems on a golf ring

*The makeup and jewelry*

.     As I was putting on my ring, I got a call from Carter.

.     I answered the phone and then spoke,"Hey, Carter."

.     "Hey, Valerie. Just wanted to let you know that I just left my house and am on my way to get you,"Carter said you could hear the happiness in his voice.

.     "Ok, how far away do you think until you get here?"I asked him.

.     "Probably 10 minutes," Carter said you could hear a little bit of a question in his voice.

.     "Ok I'll be waiting outside for you," I told Carter through the phone.

.     "Ok see you in 10,"Carter said.

.     "See you in ten bye," I said then hung up the phone.