Chapter 2~The elevator~

A few hours later. I finished everything on the sticky note. So I take it off the pad to see a note on the sticky note below it saying when you finish all the editing on that list you may go home. So I packed up all my stuff in my bag to leave. And walked to the elevator and clicked the down arrow. I waited there for a few minutes and then the elevator door opened and there was one person in the elevator going to the first floor. As we stood there in silence I heard something snap above us. Then the elevator came to a quick stop. Then the lights flickered. Then turned off it was pitch black in the elevator. So I pull my phone out of my pocket and turn on the flash light.
"Sir, can you please click the emergency button on the elevator? So we can get a hold of someone to get out of here, " I said as I shined my light over to the panel.
"Ya sure but it will still take a little bit before the matinees people get here, " The man said in a lower tone. He had black hair and was wearing a black hoodie that had XPLR written on the sleeve. With a pair of black skinny jeans.
"Well it's better we click the button now then click it later the faster we click the button the faster we get out of this elevator, " I told him in a somewhat snarky tone.
"Ya sure I guess, " the man said as he clicked the button. Then leaned against a wall to the elevator. A few moments of awkward silence later the man began to speak,
"So..uh what are you doing at StageCut Co.?" he asked.
"I work here", I said in a sort of snotty way. I was not having a very good day and I did not have the time to be stuck in an elevator.
"Oh that's cool, what do you edit?" he said curiously
"I edit youtube videos for content creators." I said
"That's really cool, may I ask what channels you edit for?" he said
"I've only had one so far, this is my first day on the job," I pause,"I work for this channel called Berrybazzle. She's a video game influencer.I also work for a few more people and edit their videos but I can't think of them off the top of my head. "
"That's cool, " the man said as he grabbed his phone out of his pocket. He looked at his phone either for the time or to see if he had any notifications.
All of a sudden curiosity got the best off me. So I asked, "Why are you at StageCut co."
"I was visiting one of my friends for lunch who works in the photography department, " The man spoke. Which then reminded me that I haven't had lunch yet.
"That's really cool, " there was a long pause after I spoke so I decided to break the silence, "What do you do as a job? "
"I have a YouTube channel with my best friend, " he said, which got a million more questions to pop up in my head.
"That's really cool how many subscribers do you and your friend have?" I questioned, I really hope I'm not asking really annoying questions. And that I'm not being too personal with the questions. I thought to myself as he pulled out his phone to look to see how many subscribers they had.
A few seconds later he responded, "we have 8.29 million followers." My brain started to go on overload trying to figure out if I've seen him on YouTube before. But nothing you pop up in my brain.
So I began to ask more questions, "Wow, that's a lot of subscribers. What do you and your friend do on the channel? "
He responded without hesitation, "We go to haunted places with other Youtubers or are friends. To prove the paranormal is real. And we go and explore the abandoned but we haven't done that in 4 years."
"That sounds really fun. Me and some of my friends tried to go the YouTube path in high school but it didn't work out, " I said with the slightest bit of sadness in my voice.
He paused for a second then asked, "What did you guys post on your YouTube channel? "
"We posted some pretty dumb stuff on vine and a few of them blew up. And on YouTube we would do some challenges but do them in haunted places or in abandoned places. We spent some money on ghost equipment for when we did we had a EMF reader, spirit box, and some other stuff like cat balls and flashlights. " I responded hoping I answered a few of his questions all at once.
"Oh that's really cool. Me and my friend started off on vine too. One of our most well known vines is where we followed people in the story and played a saxophone behind them as they walked, " he said. Which made me start to realize who this was. I didn't know those two kids by name but I did see a few of their vines.
The room was quiet and I didn't know what to say so I just didn't say anything. We stood there in silence for a while until I saw the doors of the elevator open letting in a ton of light.
"Are you two ok? Sorry it took so long. We start at the top floor and work our way down when we try and locate the elevator because it's more dangerous if you fall from the 7th story, "One of the workers said to us as we started to walk out of the elevator.
" I'm ok, "I tell the man. Hoping I can go soon so I can get some food.
" I'm good as well, "the man from the elevator said.
" Ok then you both may go on with your day, "the worker said to us. Then we both walked away. Ally wasn't at the front desk so I didn't get to say bye to her but that's ok I didn't really want to talk to people anyway.
(Word count: 1047)