Chapter 13 ~The phone call~

Valerie P.O.V:

     When I woke up I felt a strong arm wrapped around my waist. Wasn't I sleeping on the couch last night? I was in Colby's arms. I looked over to his dresser to see his digital clock said it was 3:07 a.m. I would move back over to the couch but I can't move. I looked over at the wall across from were Colby and I were laying and tried to fall asleep.
     After about 25 minutes of laying there I still couldn't sleep. Colby was still passed out. Holding me around my waist tight. I started moving a little bit in hopes of breaking free from his grasp. But I had no luck.
     After about 15 minutes of laying there I finally fell asleep.

     When I woke up in the morning. Colby's arms were still wrapped around me tight. I could hear what sounded like Sam and Jake talking outside of Colby's bedroom door. It sounded like they were planning on coming in here and pouring water on Colby.
     I then started to try and get up because I didn't want to be a victim of their prank. Just when I heard Sam say he was gonna go fill a bucket full of water I got out of Colby's grasp. I put a pillow in Colby's arms where I was laying so he wouldn't wake up.
     I grabbed my phone which Colby must have plugged in for me and sat down on the couch in his room.
     Sam and Jake walked in maybe 5 minutes after I sat down on the couch. Sam looked at me then put his finger to his lips telling me to be quiet.
     They walked over to Colby's bed and poured the water on him. He woke up and he looked pissed.
     "What the fuck was that for!?" Colby asked. You could hear the anger in his voice.
     "You have pranked us too much these past few days we, had to get you back somehow," Sam responded to Colby in a calm tone.
     "You could have at least waited until Friday morning. Now my bed is soaked," Colby said getting up from his soaking wet bed. The continued to speak," now I have to sleep on the couch for the next 5 days because my bed is soaked."
     "We didn't think about that part," Jake told Colby as he set his bucket on the ground.
     "Ugh just get out," Colby said he was clearly annoyed with them.
     "Find dude," Jake said as him and Sam walked out.
     "You good?" I asked Colby as he sat back down on his soaking wet bed a put his face in his hands.
      "Yeah I'm perfectly fine," Colby said. I could tell he wasn't by the way he said it and with the annoyance in his voice.
     "Well I'm gonna call an Uber and go home," I told Colby as I grabbed my stuff.
      "You know how I feel about Ubers especially when it's to your house,"Colby said then continued to speak," let me drive you home."
     "I know you aren't gonna take no for an answer so.... Fine," I said to Colby pausing before I said fine.
     "Your right I wasn't going to take no for an answer so good choice," Colby said with a smirk on his face as he stood up and walked over to his dresser.
     "I'm going to get changed quick before we leave," I tell Colby as I grabbed my clothes and walked over to his bathroom.
     "Ok and wait a few before you come out I'll tell you when your ok, I just need to change out of these clothes," Colby said as he dug through his drawers grabbing clothes.
     "Ok," I said as I closed the bathroom door and got changed. My bag was still out in Colby's car so I just put back on the outfit that I had on yesterday.
     "You can come out now," I heard Colby say as I was putting on my cardigan.
     I walked out of the bathroom Colby was slipping on a jacket. He grabbed his keys off of his dresser and we walked out of his room.
     "We're are you two going," Corey asked as we went over to the door.
     "I'm taking Val home she has work tomorrow," Colby said as he slipped on a pair of shoes.
     "Oh ok cool," Corey said as I put my shoes on.
     "Bye brotha," Colby told Corey as he opened the front door.
     "Bye brotha bye Valerie," Corey said to us as we walked out the door.
     "Bye," I told Corey as I closed the front door.
     Colby and I walked dover to his car and got in. We closed our doors and we sat in silence for maybe 3 minutes. I was looking out the window in a daze.