Chapter 10 ~The conversation~

After about 20 minutes of sitting in Colby's car we arrived at my apartment complex.
     "Bye Val," Colby yelled as I got out of his car and walked inside. I waved back to him and winked at him.
     I opened the door to the apartment complex and walked up the stairs to my apartment. I unlocked my door and walked inside. I went into my room and put my dirty clothes into the hamper.
     I grabbed my laptop and started working on one of the videos someone sent me saying they needed it done as soon as possible.
     After about 3 hours of work I finished. The video ended up being 1 hour long. They had so much footage I had to go through to make the video. I looked up at the clock and saw that it was only 2 o'clock. I got up and walked over to my kitchen to make some food.
     As I was putting my food in the microwave I heard my phone beep. I looked at my phone after I started the microwave to see I was added on Snapchat by someone. I opened my phone to see Colby had added me on snap chat. And sent me a picture of him saying,'hey val.'
     I took a picture and sent him back, 'Hello there Brock.'
     He sent me back a picture saying,' Have you finished with your work stuff yet?'
     I send a picture of the wall and say, 'Yup, I only had one thing but it took me 3 hours.'
     He sent a picture of his dresser and wall and said,' Oh wow, that's a long time to do one thing. But in the same token I get it. Sam and I get a lot of footage and it takes us a day or two just to find the footage we want.'
     I went and took a picture of my dining room table and said, 'Holy crap, how many hours of just footage do you guys get?'
     He sent me a picture of his messed up comforter and responded with, 'At least 10-12 hours and at most we have had 24 hours of footage.'
    The microwave was a out to go off so I took a picture of it and had to wait to respond so I could take my food out of the microwave. After I eat my food on the table about 2 minutes later I responded to Colby with, 'Holy crap that's a long as time to be going through footage.'
     Colby sent be back a picture of the night stand that I believe my clothes were sitting on. Then responded to me with,'yeah we get a lot of footage because each video is over night and we have multiple cameras.'
     I snapped a picture of my food and said,'oh wow that must suck.'
     Colby took a picture of a glass of water of his night stand and responded with,' yeah it does. That food looks good you should share.'
     I sent him a picture of my fork and responded,' how am I going to share my food, Colby, you are in a completely different house that is at least 20 minutes away.'
     Colby snapped a picture of his birds on a wall and responded to me saying, 'I could come over and you could make me some food we have nothing in this house.'
     I send him a picture of another pack of the food that I was eating and send, 'tell me when you are 5 minutes away.'
     Colby sent me a picture of his car keys and said,' see you in 20.'
     I sent him a picture of my front door and said,' See you in 20.'
After about 15 minutes of just sitting on my phone I get a snap from Colby saying,'I'm about 5 minutes away.'
     I got up off the couch and prepped the food before putting it in the microwave. I took a picture of the microwave and said,'see you in 5.'
   When the food was about 5 seconds until it beeped I heard a knock on my door. I wait for the microwave to beep and take the food out before going over to the door to open it.
     "Hello there," Colby said as he looked down at me. His hair was fixed and he was wearing different clothes from earlier. His car keys and his phone were both in his right hand.
     "Hi your food is almost done," I told him and stepped out of the doorway and walked to the kitchen to finish preparing his food.
     I heard Colby set down his keys and phone. Then thought I heard him sit down. All of a sudden I feel 2 strong arms wrap around my waist and Colby sets his head on my shoulder.
     "Get off me Brock," I said in a stern voice. I knew deep down that I didn't want him to let go, but me and Colby weren't anything and probably won't be.
     "Why should I let go," he said and held me tighter so our bodies touched.
     "Well first of all it's pretty hard to make you food when your head is on my shoulder," I tell Colby. His embrace was warm and welcoming, but I know that it was weird and wrong to have Colby hanging on me. For all I know he could have a girlfriend.
     "Well then here," he said then lifted his head off my shoulder. He was still holding me tight to him.
     I was about to finish Colby's food when his phone started to ring. He let go of me and walked over to the dining table to get his phone. Could that be his girlfriend. Or maybe it's just Sam or one of his friends.

     Thank you guys for reading love kills it's insain how many poeple have read my book so far. Thank you so much and if you have any ideas at all  tell me and maybe they might get added in. Peace.
(Word count: 1014)