Chapter 6 ~Before the party~

After about a 15 minute drive Colby pulled into the front gate of his house. It was a nice two story house. There were already like 4 cars in the driveway.
     "Oh ya by the way I live in a house with like 5 other people," Colby said probably knowing that I was wondering why people were already here.
     "Oh that explains why there are already cars here," I said it was like he knew that I was wondering why people were already here.
     "Ya I think Sam is out getting alcohol from the store," Colby said as he looked around at the cars. I then gave Colby a puzzled look and he then added,"oh ya I forgot you don't know these people Sam is the one I have a dou Chanel with and I made vines back in highschool."
     "Oh that makes sense I think," I responded, still a little unsure who all the people were.
     "Well, I'll take you inside and introduce you to the rest of my roommates and Sam once he gets back from the store,"Colby said, knowing I was still a little confused.
     "Oh ok, thank you," I said a little happy I would at least know more people than just Colby now.
     "Ya no problem, thought you might want to know more people at the party than just me,"Colby said in a cheerful voice.
     "Ya, I don't want to be just hanging around you all night,"I responded with thanks in my voice.
     "Ya, you probably wouldn't have fun hanging out with me all night,"Colby responded with sadness yet cockiness in his voice.
     "Why wouldn't I, don't think I can keep up," I said in a cocky tone.
     "Well I never said that but you do seem like a light weight," Colby said in a cocky tone, then smirked.
     "Me lightweight, ha, you wish. I can probably drink more than you," I said with an attitude.
     "Is that a challenge," Colby said with a smirk on his face.
     "Only if you make it one," I responded with a little sassy ness.
     "Then it's a challenge," Colby said then added," I'll give you $20 if you can drink more than me and you give me $20 if I can drink more than you."
     "Alright bet," I said with confidence. Knowing this is a bet I should be able to win.
     "Alright let's lock in this bet," Colby said as he extended his hand.
     "You're on," I responded and shook his hand locking in the bet.
     "Well we should probably go inside," Colby chuckled then opened his door.
     "Ya probably," I responded with a chuckle. As I opened my car door and got out of the car. Colby stepped out of the car and we both closed our doors at the same time.
     As we were walking inside I realized I don't have a ride home and I don't like to Uber if I'm drunk. So I turned over to Colby and asked,"Do you think I can stay the night tonight? I don't like to Uber when I'm drunk."
     "Ya, I don't like Uber when I'm drunk because I never know what I might say. So ya you can sleep on the couch tonight ," Colby said with understanding in his voice.
     "Thank you," I told Colby. Truly happy I didn't have to Uber home drunk.
     "Ya, it's no problem,"Colby said as we walked up to the house and he opened the door.
     When we walked in I saw a man sitting in the coach. He had a man bun. Then he said,"hey, Colby," he then paused, then continued," is this the girl you were talking about?"
     "Ya, this is Valerie. Valerie this is Corey,"Colby said as he introduced me to him.
     "Hi, Valerie," Corey said and he stuck out his hand.
     "Hello," I said and shook his hand. We shook hands for about 1 second. After we released our hands a man came walking down the stairs.
     "Oh hey Colby your back," the man said he had pink hair and was wearing a black Shirt with some black jeans.
     "Ya and by the way this is Valerie," Colby said and I waved.
     "Oh nice to meet you Valerie, I'm Jake," the man said. I was glad he said his name because I didn't want to have to ask.
     "Nice to meet you Jake," I said with a smile. I saw Colby looking at me from the corner of my eye. Then I watched Corey start looking at Colby like they were talking. Even though they weren't saying any words.
     Then the front door opened and a blonde boy walked into the house. He had two cases of white claws. He went into a different room. Then about 10 seconds later he walks back into the room and says," Can you guys help me carry the alcohol inside instead of just standing there and staring at each other," then he looked down at his phone then continued to speak," The party starts in 20 minutes and I need to get all of the alcohol inside 5 minutes to and I won't be able to. Do get out of the car and start carrying them in."
     "Sure thing Sam,"Jake said and walked outside.
     "Yup,"Corey said and rolled his eyes, getting up off the coaches and walking outside.
     "Is something wrong, what happened at the store," Colby said in a reassuring voice.
     "The people there kept saying what the hell does he need so much alcohol for and then they almost didn't even let me buy all of it," Sam said in a frustrated voice.
     "That really does suck but we should probably help Jake and Corey carry in the alcohol," Colby said then added," and by the way this is Valerie."
     "Oh uh nice to meet you Valerie I'm Sam," Sam said as we all walked outside to help Jake and Corey carry in the cases of alcohol.
     Sam, Colby, and I walked outside and started carrying in cases of alcohol. After about 7 minutes we had all of the alcohol sitting in the kitchen and Sam started to fill coolers with ice that had names on them like bud light, white claw, truly, etc. We started putting the alcohol in their assigned coolers. When 4 girls showed up. One had blue hair and was wearing a cute black dress with a black jacket. With her hair down. Another one had brown hair and was wearing a tight black dress with a slit in the side. The tallest one had pink hair and was wearing a black jacket that she had off her shoulder and a black dress. And the last one had black hair with blonde front pieces and was also wearing a black dress.
     Corey walked over to the girl with brown hair and said,"this is Devyn," then pointed to the girl in the blue hair ," that is Kat," he then pointed at the one with pink hair," that is xpher,"and then he pointed to the girl with the blonde front pieces of hair," and then that is Tara."
     "Hi I'm Valerie, nice to meet all of you," I responded. They all looked at me with a warm smile.
     "Hello," they all responded at the same time.
     I looked at my phone to see the time was 6 p.m. let the party begin.
Sorry it took me so long to update I was having technical difficulties. I'm just glad I write the chapters down on a Google doc or I would have had to completely rewrite this chapter. But thank you all for understanding. And as always if you have any suggestions for the story don't be afraid to say something. Peace✌️
(Word count: 1302)