Chapter 11

Sunday morning arrived.  Min-Jun laid in bed while looking up at the ceiling.
I can’t believe she said yes! This is so great!’ he thought to himself while hugging a pillow and rolling from one side of the bed to the next.

He sighed and smiled to himself. “Today is going to be a great day.” He  sat up in bed, took his phone from the night table, and dialed Suk-Chin.

*Ring! Ring! Ring!*

“…Mmhmm…why must you always do this to me on the weekend?”

“It’s 7 AM.Get your lazy ass out of bed. And you better not be here late.”

This confused Suk-Chin. “Late? What are you talking about?”

Min-Jun didn’t respond, but Suk-Chin could sense the murderous intent coming from the phone.

“I’m kidding; I'll be there in an hour. Gosh, you need to learn to stop taking things so seriously,” said Suk-Chin while laughing awkwardly.

Min-Jun hung up the phone without saying another word.

“Isn’t he all sparkly this morning.” Suk-Chin climbed out of bed.

While Min-Jun was excitedly preparing himself, the girls were still sleeping.
The alarm rang. Shanice hit ‘snooze’.

“Hmmm… I don’t want to get up,” said the sleepy Alexis. She took up her phone and looked at the time. “Shit! Shawty, wake up. Memba seh wi a go out today and yuh tek fi eva fi get ready enuh,” exclaimed Alexis.

Shanice kissed her teeth. “Mi cyaa badda yah, man, you one gwaan.” She rolled over and turned her back.

Alexis took hold of one of Shanice’s legs and started pulling. “Come on man, cho, yuh know mi nah go by miself. A afta 8 already and wi deven eat notten yet”.

“Alright, Lexy, alright! Let mi go now man, mi a get up.” Shanice got up out of bed and took on the task of making breakfast while Alexis went to take a shower. Twenty minutes later, Alexis returned from the bathroom.

“You know, one thing mi happy bout Shawty, we have warm wata can bathe wid, hehe.”

“Yes goodie,” Shanice joined in, laughing gratefully while sharing out the finished breakfast.

“Oh right, mi fi get seh yah rich girl, so yuh did have hot wata from day one.” Said Alexis.

Shanice ignored her jeering.

“ Oh, yuh done cook. Hurry up and eat and go bathe, it’s already 9 AM.”

“Hello, don’t rush mi. Dem lucky if mi nuh decide fi ready Jamaican time.” Shanice responded.

Alexis laughed and shook her head. As they ate, both decided what they would wear for their day out. After eating, they prepared their outfits and continued getting ready.

It was now 10 AM. The boys were about ready to leave out.

“Wow, look at you Min Min - you look like you’re going on a date,” observed Suk-Chin with glee.

“Oh, shut up and come on. By the way, I was thinking about driving today,” said Min-Jun.

Suk-Chin stopped in his tracks, covered his mouth in shock, and took a good look at Min-Jun from head to toe. “Wow, my Min Min has grown up so fast.” He started making sobbing sounds. “I'm so proud. You’re going all out today. I bet I know who you’re trying to impress, hehe.”

As usual, Min-Jun ignored Suk-Chin’s quips. Both got into Min-Jun’s car and then headed out to collect the girls.

“Are you nervous, Min Min?”