Chapter 29

After leaving the club and driving for about ten minutes, the furious Min-Jun pulled over. With his head leaning against the steering wheel, he looked over at Alexis, who was getting over her tipsiness.

"What were you thinking?!" he asked.

Alexis knitted her brows, looking the other way. The frustrated Min-Jun parked exited the vehicle, trying to direct his anger elsewhere. He walked for a little, stopped, placed his hands on his hips, and then looked up into the night sky. Alexis felt bad watching Min-Jun. After a while, she opened the door and went over to where he was. After observing him for a bit, she took his hand. His hand was bruised from the punch.
Alexis brought Min-Jun over to the car, trying her best to dress his hand with what little items she had inside her bag. While she dressed his hand, Min-Jun looked at her with longing eyes. Both sat in silence for a while.

"I'm sorry," said Alexis.
"This was not....I'm sorry that.....maybe I'm too naive." She sighed.

Min-Jun looked at her as she tried her best to apologize. He observed her demeanour. It was meek, sweet, and apologetic. He couldn't stay mad at her when she looked like that - especially with her big, apologetic eyes.

"Yes, you are naive. Do you know how worried I was? No more hanging out with guys who are not me or Suk," Min-Jun reprimanded.

He pulled Alexis towards him, hugging her.

"I'm never letting you out of my sight. You're stuck with me."

Alexis smiled, burying her face in his chest. They clung to each other for a couple minutes before he pulled away, kissing her forehead.

"Let's go. I don't want to keep you out any longer. Plus, I'm pretty sure Shanice is worried."

"I'll send her a message. I feel like I need to sober up a little before going home," responded Alexis.

"Even better. That means I get to spend a little more time with you."

Min-Jun placed his jacket around Alexis' shoulders. As he fixed the jacket, he pulled her in for another hug.

"You need to stop making me worry so much. My heart can't take it."

Alexis chuckled. "I'm a black woman and a Caribbean/Jamaican woman on top of that. There's no need to worry so much. I'm strong."

"Say what you want, but I still get a heart attack whenever you are in a dangerous situation."

"By the way, how long are we going to stay like this?" asked Alexis.

"As long as I want. This is for all the times you've been avoiding me."

He held her tighter.

"No more complaints. This is my way of recharging."

Alexis rubbed Min-Jun's back.
"There, there. Let's be like this as long as you want."

Within a hour's time, Min-Jun brought Alexis home. He walked with her straight to her door.

Fully sober now, she turned to him.

"Well, we're here."

Feeling a little embarrassed, she unlocked the door.

"Well then, goodnight," she said, folding her lips.

"Make sure to rest well," responded Min-Jun smiling softly.

Both went their separate ways. Alexis closed the door behind her and sighed. Shanice, who waited up for her, sat and watched as Alexis had an internal conflict.

"If yuh eva know weh yuh look like right now."

Alexis, being startled, looked in the direction of the voice.