Chapter 26

The petite, cute gift was neatly wrapped and placed in a gift bag, with a small card attached to it.

The card said, "You are forever in my mind and my heart."

After reading the card, Alexis placed it back inside the gift bag without even opening the gift. She looked down on the gift for a while and then placed it on another desk. Shanice, without saying anything, looked at her friend and then at the gift. She got up from her seat, went for the gift, and opened it, knowing exactly who it was from. Inside was a bottle of perfume. Shanice sprayed a little to get its scent.

"How yuh fi do that?" asked Alexis.

Shanice ignored her complaints.
"This smells really good. Mi wonda how much him pay fah."

Alexis looked at Shanice and shook her head.

"Yuh can stay there. I'll be the collector of unwanted gifts. We living in hard times, cyaa afford fi mek things waste," said Shanice, tucking the gift in her bag.

"Yuh jus ago mek di bwoy think seh a mi a accept them?"

"Nuh worry bout that. Just continue play hard fi get."

"Yuh si nuhbody a play hard fi get?" responded Alexis.

"Anything yuh seh. Yuh can gwaan like yuh nuh like him. Yuh think mi neva si when yah stalk him Pandagram page," said Shanice with a devious smile.

"Yuh chat too much man." Alexis cheupsed.

This continued for a couple of weeks. Whenever Alexis found a gift, she pushed it aside, even tried throwing some away. Shanice, on the other hand, took all the gifts for herself. From perfumes to jewellery and desserts, Shanice enjoyed them all.

One day, when Shanice and Alexis had separate classes, Shanice ran into Suk-Chin while waiting on Alexis' class to finish.

"Yuh neva see smoke without fire," mumbled Shanice to herself as she saw Suk-Chin heading towards her.

"Hey Shan Shan, what's up?" asked Suk-Chin.

Before answering, Shanice leaned to the side to see behind Suk-Chin. He tilted his head in confusion as he followed Shanice's gaze.

"What are you looking for?" he asked.

"Your other half," responded Shanice.

Suk-Chin stood there thinking for a minute.

"Oh! Min Min. I'm not sure where he is; I think he went to the library. By the way, what is that fragrance you're wearing? It has my nose dancing as though at a ball," he said.

"It's one of my rewards," responded Shanice.

"Rewards?" asked Suk-Chin, observing Shanice from head to toe. He saw jewellery and a new bag, in addition to the perfume. Suk-Chin was confused, as these items were not typical items. They were rather expensive.

"Where did you get all this?" he asked, eyebrows raised.

Shanice gave him a look as if saying, 'Why are you questioning me?' as she placed a piece of chocolate in her mouth.

"Chocolate too?!" exclaimed Suk-Chin.

"Do you have a secret admirer or something?"

"That's for me to know," responded Shanice, sticking her tongue out at Suk-Chin.

'This punk,' Suk-Chin thought to himself.

"Hey! Stop accepting these random gifts. If you want these things, I'll - "

"What are you guys doing?"

They looked to see Min-Jun standing with a curious look on his face.

"Min Min! I thought you would've been in there for a while," said Suk-Chin.