Chapter 13

It was Monday afternoon; the sun was up, the wind was blowing, and it almost seemed like a perfect day. All decked out in a pair of black heels, a light blue close-fitting jeans, and a loose, long-sleeved elegant blouse, she emerged from the plane and entered the waiting area where she had escorts awaiting her. Eyes drifted from every direction and focused on her, as she was escorted to the car. Whispers could be heard coming from persons in the area.

"Is she a celebrity?"

"She's so beautiful."

"Who is she?"

Hearing this, she looked towards a group of people and smiled. They were captivated even more by her dashing smile and her long, flowing black hair. She entered the vehicle and was escorted away.

Later in the afternoon, Alexis and Shanice were getting ready to leave out for class. Both girls stood still, staring in front of the mirror, examining the bruises they received from the conflict that took place the day before.

"Cho bomboclaat, mi should a jus tan a mi dyam yaad. Cho pussyclaat," said Shanice, thinking back to everything that happened.

"Is a dyam cutlass dem should a get cross dem face," responded Alexis, displeased.

Both girls continued to complain about their encounter, when suddenly Alexis' phone rang.

"A who a call yuh?" asked Shanice, genuinely curious.

Alexis reached for her phone and checked the caller ID.

"It's Min-Jun." Both girls looked at each other.

"A wah dah crasis deh waan now?" Shanice fumed. Alexis answered.

"Are you girls ready? We're coming to pick you up; we'll be there in 10 minutes," said Min-Jun before hanging up.

"Huh...well at least we don't have to walk today. He said that they are coming to pick us up and that they'll be here soon," Alexis briefed Shanice.

Shanice kissed her teeth as she tried covering her bruises with makeup. "Is a good thing mi neva get lik too too hard," she mumbled.

"A because yuh tuff," Alexis laughed.

"Gyal, nuh mek mi tell yuh wah tuff, gweh yah man," said Shanice. "By the way, yuh tell yuh bro bout this?" She added.

"No enuh. Mi did a wonda if mi fi tell him. You know, sometimes he can be overly protective." Responded Alexis. "I guess I'll send him a voice message before heading out." She added.

"Oh, yuh betta. Or me did ago tell him mi self and yuh know how mi can exaggerate already."

"Yes miss drama queen, mi kno."

The girls continued to banter amongst themselves for the remaining time until the boys picked them up.

Before picking up the girls, Min-Jun decided to grab Suk-Chin first.

"Come to think of it, why are we picking them up when they are just ten minutes' walk away from school? Five minutes by bus too," asked Suk-Chin.

"You know, sometimes I wonder what you even have a brain for," responded Min-Jun in disgust.

Suk-Chin held his chest as if he had just been shot by a deadly, poisonous arrow. Min-Jun turned away, unfazed.

"Have you forgotten about what happened yesterday? I just don't feel comfortable leaving the girls alone."

Touched by Min-Jun's words, Suk-Chin took his hand. "I love you, Min Min, you're my hero," Suk-Chin gushed with sparkling eyes.

Min-Jun pulled his hand away. "Can't you see that I'm driving?! Do you want us to crash!? And for the sake of my sanity, can you stop being weird for once you punk?!"