Home

Hyunjin woke up quite late compared to the previous days, his body didn't allow him to move, not even an inch.

He was completely flushed against the mattress, his bones and muscles felt heavy. So he didn't wake up when the alarm started ringing.

It was cloudy outside, as if the sky knew what he had to do.

He opened the windows to let the cold air hit his face, imagining the conversation with his father and the possible outcomes.

Looking at the outside he spotted a stray cat, hiding behind a garbage can. Its black fur had a few knots and it was stained with mud.

Black cats are supposed to bring bad luck.

Why did everyone hate black cats?

Why is everyone so unhappy with their life that they have to blame an innocent creature for their misfortunes?

A loud lightning reberverated on the outside, the clouds lightning as if someone was trying to say something on the other side of the world.

Hyunjin didn't see the cat getting out of the garbage can, but he couldn't stop watching it.

Because maybe he'd be like them once he was over with the conversation.

Maybe it's what he was destined to be. Stray.

It wasn't new in the neighborhood. A lot of teens ended up on the street, dealing or joining some band just to not be alone, to earn some money.

Another lightning, much more loud and strong, made its way on the dark sky, this time its form could be seen perfectly. The light didn't come from different places, but it concentrated on one same place.

It was as if the sky was talking to him. Letting him know what he had to do, pushing him to his impending future.

A long sigh exited his lips, taking a deep breath, inhaling the humidity and darkness.

Somehow, he wished it wasn't water that he was smelling, but the characteristic scent of cherries and vanilla.

Felix's scent.

By then, he was sure that the boy's smell did things to him. It made his mind go insane, he wanted to devour the neck from where it came.

It was strange, but it was almost as if the smell came from Felix's body, it didn't feel like a perfume, and the times he had licked and bit the skin it didn't taste bitter, as if there was a product over it.

It just tasted like Felix. Like lust, desperation, need, sadness, joy, everything.

But most of all, tranquility.

So he was aching to get his personal pacifier. He even took the shirt he was wearing the previous day and smelled it almost the whole night, since their proximity had caused the fabric to take some of the smell.

But by then, he had consumed all of it and the shirt just smelled like him again.

So, after taking a last look at the garbage can and the speaking sky, he threw the shirt on his bed and went to the living room, already listening the TV playing in the background.

The house was small, so he didn't have much time to convince himself before he was already in front of his father, watching him lay on the couch and smoking a cigar.

A long breath later, he stepped inside the living room and coughed to catch Don's attention.

At the sight of his son, the elder frowned and sat up, confused by his presence.

"Why aren't you at work?"

It wasn't a genuine question. Don looked pissed, although he wasn't as defensive as usual.