Let me explore you

A little curve there, some paint, the smooth drag of mine.

Hyunjin sat on a stool as he caressed the rough canvas with his fingers, staining them in black graphite, trying to get to the form he was looking for.

He closed his eyes, sighing as he imagined what he wanted to paint. His hands moved on their own, painting and dragging the colors to create a perfect mix of smoothness and roughness.

His heart bumped with each flick of the brush, his wrist taking the perfect curvature to achieve the same picture he was projecting on his head.

As time passed by, he felt his rib cage tightening around his heart , making it impossible for him to think of something else than paint.

Paint, graphite, gold.

How was what they said?

'Whatever has to happen will happen no matter what you do.'

You can't control your future. Fate has already decided what to do with you.

Everything is just a piece of a puzzle, a huge puzzle that forms the path to our end.

Some pieces are harder to find, others difficult to make them fit. But in the end, the puzzle has to be completed.

You can't leave it halfway.

A knock on the door made Hyunjin open his eyes, turning his head slightly just to smile in Felix's direction.

Felix mirrored his expression and walked straight to the boy, pouting when Hyunjin covered his painting with a white cloth.

"When are you going to show me?" Felix asked, leaning his chin on Hyunjin's shoulder as he hugged him from behind, looking at the easel in front of them.

"You'll have to wait until the exhibition." He replied, leaning his head back on Felix's chest.

"But I wanna see it now." The younger complained, pouting even though Hyunjin couldn't see his face.

"It's not finished yet."

Felix sighed and switched his gaze to the sun, hiding at the horizon and providing a yellowish and orange light into his room.

Hyunjin had been painting a lot lately, and it was always in Felix's room, in front of the huge balcony that showed the sun at day and moon at night.

He felt dragged by the comfy shine, it was almost as if it healed his wounds.

Hyunjin moved Felix to position him between his legs , right in front of the sun.

The boy tilted his head, confused, but he didn't say anything. He let Hyunjin move him wherever he wanted to and observe him, the light reflecting on his black infinite eyes.

Some would say Hyunjin's gaze was cold but for Felix, it was the warmest.

"You're so pretty." Hyunjin commented, bringing his fingers to Felix's cheek and caressing it softly.

He felt in a daze watching the younger.

His smooth features, so innocent yet at the same time so sharp.

"You're pretty." Felix replied, reaching out with his hand as well and holding the elder's jaw.

His skin erupted in goosebumps, raising every nerve on his body, making his own hands tremble and the spot where Felix was touching burned with electricity.

He didn't know why, but Hyunjin had been feeling so weird these last weeks.

After the event he accompanied Felix to, he hadn't been able to take the boy out of his head.