Chapter 8: Friends? Friends

Sirius fusses over you, making sure your scarf is correctly tied and your mittens are in your pockets. "Rember, steer clear of Knockturn Alley. And if you don't trust something, just run in the opposite direction."

You laugh, pushing his hands away. "I'll be fine, Sirius. Don't worry. I promise to bring something delicious when I return."

Your cousin nods, anxiously chewing on the inside of his cheek. You grab Lupin's arm and gone you are.

"Remember, six o'clock at the Leaky Cauldron. Not a minute later." Lupin gives you a stern look before he disappears.

You let out a deep breath. Staying with Sirius is fun. He's kind and really interested in who you are and what you do at Hogwarts. He is also very happy to tell about the shenanigans he and his friends got up to during their school days.

But he can be quite a lot sometimes. Understandably, he wants some company after being imprisoned for so long.

You browse the shop windows, searching for Christmas presents you can give to your friends when you are back home. The thought makes you laugh. Friends. Yeah, you have Harry. And Draco is your cousin, so you have to count him. But who else? Gjol? Theodore?

No. Theodore is not your friend, no matter how much it hurt to think he's only friendly to you because he is forced by his family. All to get in good graces with your father.

Sugarplum's is where you go first, getting some tasty treats for Sirius. The inside of the shop smells sweet, like chocolate and sugar and you welcome it with a smile.

Going row after row, you grab all sorts of cakes and candies. As you wait for the cashier to wrap up a box of chocolates, you spot a familiar face coming into the shop with his friends. You groan and turn around, praying to whoever is in the heavens above that he won't notice you.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here," Theodore smirks, leaning against the counter.

You sigh and turn to him. "Hello, Theodore. How is your Christmas break?"

He pushes himself off the counter so he towers over you, closing the distance. "A lot better now I've seen your pretty face."

You feel your face heat up and turn away from him, biting on your bottom lips. Come on, you're better than this. He has grown a lot more flirty after the Yule ball.

The chocolates are finally wrapped up and put into a bag, so you take it and turn around and walk out of the shop. You hope Theodore gets the memo, but he's as stubborn as he always is.

"I was very sad to hear you're not at the Malfoy's Christmas party this year." He stuffs his hands in the pockets of his coat as he catches up to you.

You try to sigh irritated, but something inside of you just can't. "Shouldn't you be with your friends?" You not with your head towards the sweet shop.

Theodore shrugs, "they'll manage. Besides, I'm hanging out with you." He bumps his shoulder against you and you laugh. He gasps dramatically. "Was that a laugh? A genuine laugh from (Y/n) Black?"

You hush him. People around you are giving both of you weary looks at the mention of your last name. For as far as they know is Sirius Black still a mass murderer.

"At least don't shout if you're coming", you say while playfully rolling your eyes.

Theodore beams as he happily walks next to you, a triumphant look on his face. "So... where to next?"

You look around and decide on the bookstore. Theodore follows you through the crowd. He doesn't leave your side when you're in Flourish and Blotts. He looks over your shoulder to the book covers you study and even grabs a couple of books he deems interesting.