Chapter 26: Heavy heart, truthful words

"What has you so anxious?"

You snap up from the book you're reading, your back resting against a tree in a courtyard. Hermione looks at you with raised eyebrows, as she points towards your bounching foot.

"It's nothing", you dismiss as you tuck your foot under yourself. "Too much sugar at breakfast."

The Gryffindor girl gives you a look, one you choose to ignore in favour of re-reading the same page for the nth time. You can't focus on the words. Your body is jittery with anticipation.

Your foot doesn't stop twitching until you spot an owl flying in your direction. Sitting up straight, you take the letter from the owl's claws and thank the animal with a scratch on its head.

Unfolding the letter, you read the simple message in the familiar handwriting.

Classroom 24C 14:00

You check your watch. You've got ten minutes.

With a quick snap of your book, you're on your feet. "I have to go. See you at dinner." You send are hastend smile before you almost run towards the classroom.

You try to catch your breath once you enter and lock the door of said classroom. The fireplace is lit, emitting a soft glow around the room. Your eyes survey the classroom, in search of someone. But it's empty.

Suddenly, the flames turn a poisonous green and it makes you turn your head. You wait for a moment to see if someone's coming through. But as the flames stay calm it's clear it's you who has to enter through.

Closing your eyes, you step into the fireplace with a big inhale of air. You get pulled and squished from all sides until you come to an abrupt stop and roll out of the other fireplace. You huff and quickly jump on your feet, dusting your robes off.

You stand in the tea room of Grimmault Place. Sirius's not far removed from the fireplace, anxiously pacing back and forth with his hands on his hips. Remus Lupin sits on one of the sofas, a woman with bright pink next to him. Nymphadora Tonks

As soon as Sirius notices your arrival, he's on you in a second. He holds you at arms-length as he turns you around to all sides, checking up on you. "Are you alright? What's happened? You're not hurt, are you? You don't look hurt."

To be fair, you've sent a pretty cryptic letter. I need to talk to you, was the only thing you wrote.

His worry about you brings a warm but unfamiliar feeling to your belly. You lay a hand on one of his, giving him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I'm fine. It's not me that's it about."

You hesitate for a moment. Are you really doing this? If this reached the Dark Lord it would mean your death, heir or not.

With slow movements, you take off your school robes to you're only in your blouse and skirt. You also take your wand out of your robe pockets and place it on the table where the three Older members can see it. "For my safety", you explain as they look at you weirdly.

Clasping your hands together, you take a deep breath. "Draco Malfoy has been ordered by the Dark Lord to kill Dumbledore. As punishment for his father's failed attempt to get the project." You cut straight to the chase, seeing no need to mince your words.

Remus blinks rapidly, processing your words. "How... how do you know this information?"

"Because... I was there... when he branded Draco with the Dark Mark and gave him his mission." Tears well in your eyes, the agony in your cousin's eyes flashing through your mind.

The mood is tense between the four of you. You basically confessed to having seen Voldemort in real life. In close proximity.

"Why should we believe you? For all we know you could just fabricate this story to get attention." Remus raises from the couch, towering over you. You take a cautious step back as you swallow.