Chapter 27: Teddy

It's Game Day. Gryffindor vs. Slytherin. Everyone's buzzing with anticipation and house pride. You lean your head against your fist, nursing a cup of tea as you watch Theo gobble up plate after plate. You chuckle to yourself and shake your head.

Theodore's already dressed in his game sweater. It clings to his body and shows off the hard work he puts in to be a member of the Quidditch team.

"Whot?", he asks, almost spitting out his beans on toast.

You grimace with a shake. "Nothing. I'm just fascinated to see how much food you can inhale in such a short time."

He wipes his mouth with his sleeve. "I need my energy to perform. Since Draco dropped out we need to be on our A-game."

That's a new fact. You look over to your cousin, who looks really solemn and tired with ginormous dark circles under his eyes. The Dark Lord's mission takes a lot out of him. The worst seems to be the cursing of Katie Bell. After the incident, he just looks like pure shite.

Clearing his mouth for real with some juice, the dark-haired boy turns towards you, a serious look on his face. "Will you- will you wear my practice hoodie? I promise I washed and kept it nicely. I even spritzed it with my cologne and I-"

You watch amused by how Theo anxiously rambles on. He wrings an emerald green fabric between his hands. His hoodie. Because wearing someone's Quidditch practice hoodie is practically telling the whole school that you're together without actually saying it.

Laying two fingers on his lips, you actively shut him up. His whole face and neck are red as he looks at your fingers on his lips. "I would be honoured to wear your hoodie."

A giant, radiant smile takes over Theo's face and he nods, a lovesick look in his eyes. "Cool. Great." He gives you the hoodie and you immediately put it on, shedding your own sweater. The heavenly and familiar scent of sage hits your nose and you breathe in deeply.

The two of you enjoy the remainder of breakfast in blissful peace until the captain hits Theo on his shoulder as a sign they have to get ready.

"Good luck and be safe out there." You grab his hand and squeeze it tightly.

He does the same and gives you a smile. "For you? Always."

After the players have left for the stadium, the spectators follow soon after. You join Pansy and Lorenzo, who look not all surprised to see you in Theodore's hoodie.

As this is your first time watching a Quidditch match in a very long time, you're buzzing with energy. The three of you find fairly good spots where you have a great overview of the entire pitch.

It's exhilarating, watching the players soar through the sky, passing balls to each other and dodging bludgers. Theo manages to score a few goals and you cheer every time, jumping up and down.

You hate to admit it, but Ron's on fire. Stopping goal after goal, he's doing a really good job. But sadly, that means that Slytherin's not scoring.

The final signal is heard and you see Harry fly around victorious with the Snitch in his hand. Just as Theo wants to dismount from his broom, a bludger comes flying out of nowhere and hits him in the back of the head. And hard.

A scream unexpectantly escapes your chest as you watch Theo drop from a considerable height. Dread settles into the pit of your stomach as he stays down. He gets loaded onto a stretcher, his hand hanging limply over the edge. You quickly turn around and push yourself through the masses to get to Theo.

Once you reach the hospital wing and are finally let in, Theodore's awake. Praise Merlin.

You rush towards his bed as tears pool into your eyes. But you're trying hard to not let them escape. "Thank Salazar, you're fine! I was so worried! Where are you hurt? Did you break something?"