jaw clenching.

The next morning, I went for a run, showered, caught up on work, and avoided jack. I was getting tired of the up and down. While reading The giver, my phone lit up, and Cameron's name was typed along my screen.

"Dinner tonight? :)" it said. I could use a night out.

"Sure thang Dallas. Should I dress up?" I replied, a few seconds went by and and my phone vibrated in my hands.

"You can dress casual, is red Robbin okay?" He replied.

"Sounds perfect" I replied.

"Great, pick you up at 6"
-----------------------
At six, my door bell was rung.

"I got it!" I yelled, running to the door beating my mom to it.

"Woah there" she said holding her hands up. I giggled and threw my hair over my shoulder.

"Sorry not sorry." I said, opening the door.

"Hey Dallas." I said smiling. He returned the smile and looked down at me.

"Hey Johnson, ready?" He said. I nodded and he held his arm out.

"Shall we?" He asked in a phony British accent. I giggled and looped my arm through his

"We shall" I said, in a similar accent, laughing the whole way to the car.
-----------------------
We pulled up at red robin and were seated immediately.

"Is this place okay?" He asked, concern filling his face.

"Of course it is.." I said. he smiled at me, and slowly laced my fingers through his. his hands felt strange and unfamiliar.

"Is this okay..?" He asked. My cheeks heated immediately,

"I.. I think so" I said. He tilted his head to the side and just stared at me,

"You don't have to say yes.. I'm not gilinsky" he said. I shook my head.

"No... It's fine silly." I said, laughing nervously. His finger slowly touched my skin on my hand making circles. We made small talk, then I heard an obnoxious and eerily familiar laugh.

"Babe you're so funny!" Madison squealed. Jacks deep laugh filled the air and I looked over to the side.

"Baby?" Jack asked. He looked over at me, then Cameron, and then our hands. Noticing instantly what was going on.

"Oh hi jack" I said smiling slightly.

"Sup cam" he said. Cam nodded in his direction, his eyes dark and jaw clenched.

"Sip Jack" he said. Jack turned back to Madison and continued what ever conversation they were having.

"Hi welcome to red robin what would you like to drink?" Our waitress asked.

"Two cokes" Cam said, then I heard Madison's annoying laugh again. Lord knew this was going to be an extremely long night.

----------------------
By the time we were half way done our food, Cam had me laughing so much I couldn't even breathe.

"Cam stop!" I giggled. Madison looked in our direction and rolled her eyes.

"Okay okay I'm sorry" he said smiling. I giggled and pushed a lose curl out of my face.

"Do you know how beautiful you are when you laugh Baby?" He asked, moving slightly closer as he spoke.

"Me? You sure? It's annoying" I said. He shook his head.

"Not just when you laugh, all the time" he said. I blushed slightly.

"Thank you Cameron.." I said. He smiled and looked at me.

"Oh hey you have a seed on your nose" he said motioning for me to move closer so I did. He reached for whatever object was on my face, but he grabbed my face and brought mine closer to his, shyly placing his lips on mine. He kissed me, and I kissed back shyly. It was short, and sweet. But something I was definitely NOT used to. When he pulled away, he bit his lip and smiled. I smiled back and looked over at Jack, who's eyes were staring dead at us. He had a fist on the table, and his jaw was clenched. He looked like he would attack at any moment.

------------------------
After dinner, Cameron and I left and he began to drive me home. When we pulled up, he looked over at me.

"I had a whole lot of fun tonight." he said. I smiled and looked up at him.
"Same Dallas, Same thank you. I really needed it" I said smiling.

"Well shucks any time" he said laughing.

"We should do this again." I said playing with my fingers.

"I was thinking the same thing." he said. I nodded and he slipped his hands through mine again and lightly grabbed my face.

"Just.. stop me if this isn't what you want" he said. I hesitated , and before I could stop him. His lips were on mine. I wanted to kiss back, I really did. But for some reason, all I could see was Jack. Fucking Jack Gilinsky who did not give a FUCK about me. He has a girlfriend. One who's insanely gorgeous, perfect in every possible way. He doesn't want me, yet here I am. Thinking about him while Cameron was kissing me. Guilt just flowed through my body, and I lightly pushed back.

"Cameron.." I said. He chuckled softly.

"Did I do something wrong.." he said. I shook my head.

"No, I did. you're an amazing guy.. but I honestly, see you as a friend.Sadly.." I said. He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed.

"I thought I had a chance." he said.

"I'm really sorry..but if it helps... Maggie thinks you're hot." I said. His face seemed to light up.

"Can I tel you a secret?" He asked. I nodded.

"I thought she was so beautiful, but since she was with Carter, I moved to you. I sound like a dick." he said chuckling. I laughed and shook my head

"Let me tell you a secret" I said. Cameron moved closer and I smiled and fixed myself in my seat.

"She thinks you're cute. at my party, make a move" I said, adding in a little wink.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded

"Don't be a bitch. And if you hurt her I'll hurt you" I said laughing. He held his hands up in defense.

"No need to worry" he said. I laughed and hugged him.

"Good night Cameron" I said. he hugged back and squeezed me tight.

"Night Baby." he said. I made my way inside, then he pulled off.
-----------------------
Once inside, I greeted Johnson, who was throwing a ball back and forth with Jack.

"So do you ever go home" I said, a bit too bitter than I intended.

"Are you ever in a good mood" he said. Annoyance thick in his voice.

"Always, especially tonight" I said smiling.

"Oh yeah how did that go?" Johnson asked.

"It went AMAZING. Cameron is so sweet and romantic and funny" I said smiling. Jack's jaw clenched and he ran his hand through his hair.

"Well I'm beat so night" I said smiling and making my way to my room. before I made it in I heard Jack say

"What does she even see in him!" I grinned and went into my room locking my door, and getting ready for bed.

-----------------------
That's all for today, I'm not wild about this chapter but it's something. Remember to vote and comment!