Chapter 3: Lab rat

~Destiny's POV~

My steps are calm, yet quick and determined as I walk down the flower scented, green forest with rays of sunlight shining through the leaves; and towards the Survey Corps head quarters. Eren is following shortly after me like the tail on a dog; I don't mind it though. I've placed a little more trust in him, which is quite unusual for me to do in such a short period of time. I guess he's something else..

"You sure do walk fast for being so short," Eren says in between his short breaths that you can hear that he's clearly trying to conseal. I look back at him with furrowed eyebrows and a slight vein popping up on my forhead. I don't like it when people think that I can't do stuff properly just because I'm short. "Ha ha... just kidding..." Eren says with a nervous laugh as he sees my facial expression.

I let out a short sigh as we arrive at the doors of the Survey Corps Head quarters, which honestly looks like an old castle they have in books. I collect my cool once more while I open up the doors. 'Where's the most likable spot to find Hange?' I ask myself as I look at all the different stone covered corridors to choose from.

"Maybe Hange is in her research room?" Eren simply suggests as he looks at me with his hands in his pockets. He's right, it's the most likable place for Hange to be.

I give him a small and quick nod as I start walking down the corridor to our left to go to Hange's research/ study room.

We arrive at the door and I give it two two quick knocks before I take a step back so I won't get the door slammed in my face when she hopefully opens it. There's a sound of some loud thuds and then some quiet cursing words from the other side of the door before it opens by none other than Hange who has a big and excited smile on her face once she sees me.

"Tiny!!" Hange says and tackles me in a very tight and suffocating hug, that I don't return mainly because I can't move. I can hear Eren cracking up as he covers his mouth to not laugh, most likely about the nickname Hange has for me. Tiny, from DesTINY and because of my short genes. Wow. So very creative, isn't it?

"Hange... I need... to... talk to you..!" I manage to wheeze out while I get suffocated from her hug.

Hange finally pulls away and puts her hands on her hips, looking at me with a big smile and sparkling eyes, "Really? Then spit it out, kid!" She laughs as she heads inside, and me and Eren follow shortly after.

I look at her still recovering from being suffocated, as I take deep breaths. "It's... about... my visions..." I say breathily before I finally get myself together with a final deep breath, looking at Hange with a serious expression, "I have to prove my visions are real by somehow inducing it."

Hange looks at me with a raised eyebrow, looking quite curious. I've told her about my visions before and she actually believes that they're real compared to my brother. "Hm? What for?" She asks, taking a sip of some water she has on her table.

"To save humanity Hange! Even Erwin wants me on the team! I have to do this! Even if it'll take me millions of lives and eternity to do so, I will proceed to keep humanity safe, no matter where they're from, every human counts!" I say, and breathe heavily, suddenly getting worked up over this. I take a deep breath to collect myself and looks at Hange. "I will save humanity. With or without your, Levi's or anyone elses help." I say in determination, looking at Hange dead serious.