Chapter 22: Aftermath

After a long deep and mind blowing lecture of Toto I was finally free, I swear to god I was in his office a more than just a hour. He kept me within those four walls analysing every little offense of mine, from past, present and also future. Fury occupied within his words. Each one of it aimed to crash my ego, my way of thinking.

I sigh the minute I heard him release me from this torture letting me leave his office and finally head to my car. The bodyguards have left with Bianca and Diana after my approval, I didn't need them anyway.

It was a short distance from the paddock, to formula one parking lot and to my apartment here in Singapore, and I have had a long ass day, I wasn't in for any more unexpected drama.

Yet, you can never relax in my life, you can never have plans in my life. A normal day is a day without colour, I loved colour. Therefore before I could react I felt a crashing pain to my back. My body crashed back against my car. I growled from the collision and in an instant my eyes widened with the scaring of vanilla blueberry scent filling my nostrils unpleasantly.

This icy stare reminded me a lot of my past, of my demons since one of them was standing right in front of me, glaring at me with his fierce flaming eyes, gleaming green against my serious bright blue ones.

"What's wron-"

"What games are you playing with Charles my teammate?" His voice tense, enchanted with hatred along with envy.

A certain aggressiveness expressed, he definitely didn't seem to like our little relationship. And I definitely don't have a clue of the reason behind it. Was it my happiness that intrigued his emotions? It can't be, I was nothing but joyful today.

"I don't know what you are talking about." My face remained composed sealed from seriousness, as I stand tall showing off my indifference. Charles and I indeed shared a special connection,m. He was the man that was there, in my worst and best.. I will never forget how he contributed to my sorrow after moving away from Brazil.

Sadness threatened to overpass the surface, shoving it back down I reclaimed my cold attitude.

"Oh so now you have no idea?" His voice deep and shallow, infuriated raising his voice at me. His gaze dropped to my lips, biting his own to maintain his anger, he had me all wrapped around his finger and I was so in for it. Driving my eyes exactly where he wanted them to be. And he wanted the attention all for himself. "You know, I have no clue why they let you both get away with it so easily in the first place since it was pretty unfair for the rest of us."

"Well, look here.. You are not the one to say what's unfair or not, are you?" I say, drawn back by his extreme audacity reminding myself the several occasions he has been unfair to me, including this one.
"Is this what really bothers you? I'm sure you are just mad you had the pleasure to embrace me, to touch me in any way." My eyes sharpened and his stare became heavy, his breath fell into my skin, sending chills down my spine.

A sneer escalates his mouth, a real laugh.
"If I wanted I would have done much worse things than just a hug." He itched closer and closer, leaning in letting his hands fall next to my head imprisoning me there in great danger.

"Like what?" I whispered sweetly. A light tone combined with raspy breaths.

By each stare he gave me was dipped in mischief and darkness, it caused a twist to my stomach. A weird sensation I've never been occupied with before.

He leaned closer, the tension crawled back louder this time, as his breaths conflicted onto my skin, I trembled, trembled and frozen right in the spot in the sense of his hot breath streaming against my lips.