XXII - HASHIRA

I apologize if this chapter is choppy

_______

[Y/N] glanced up at the white haired male, he had a large smirk plastered on his face.

She scrunched her face up in a matter of disgust, Looking back at hime he took note of her facial expression.

"Don't smile like that, you look like a mad man Sanemi." [Y/N] flatly stated as she continued to eat her food.

"The only thing I'm mad about is you."  He muttered under his breath, causing the woman to stare at him.

"I heard that."

_______

[Y/N] took a step forward from her previous spot. She scanned the destroyed area that had surrounded her.

Situated from afar, Genya and Tanjiro looked at each other. Tanjiro was about to call out for Genya but his form seemed completely different than before. His eyes were a deep black, only the pupil visible. His breathing was ragged as he held into the spear stabbing the demon.

Though Tanjiros actions were merely interrupted by another voice. As one of the demons began to cry out in pain.

"What kind of slashing attack was that? I can't regenerate!" Karaku cried out as he held onto his head, failing to regenerate himself.

[Y/N] began to approached Tanjiro as he was distracted by the demon. As she approached him she placed a hand upon his shoulder.

"I see what you did.. I'm proud of you, you did something very impressive."  She muttered as she patted his shoulder, only to look over at the demons arguing.

"The pain is scorching me!"

"Calm down! You're pathetic! It takes time, but we can regenerate!" Sekido sneered as he clenched onto his staff, while his head rested in his lap.

"What's going on with the other guy over there? Is he all right?" [Y/N] inquired as she pointed towards the boy who had a demon pinned against the tree.

"I'm not sure.." Tanjiro replied, only to glance to the side and see Nezuko struggling. Tanjiro suddenly ran towards her slicing the woof beam off of her.

Nezuko forced herself upwards and ran towards her brother hugging tightly. [Y/N] glanced over at the demons, her eyes narrowing at she felt another aura.

But her attention was quickly drawn away when a hand grasped the neck of Tanjiro. Genyas gripped tighten around the boys neck.