21: Birthday Gift

"Allow me to clarify," Artemis spoke, her voice tinged with a hint of weariness as she settled onto the plush couch, gracefully crossing her legs

She delicately massaged her temples, attempting to alleviate the strain of the day.

"If I understand correctly, you wish to present her with a gift on the eve of her birthday," she summarized, her green eyes flickering with a glimmer of comprehension.

"Yes, precisely. Considering it will be her special day tomorrow, I surmised that it would be best to offer the gift beforehand so she could fully indulge in the celebrations without any distractions."

A sense of fatigue washed over Artemis, her weariness apparent in her expression as she maintained a calm yet slightly creased brow.

"Very well," she sighed, rising from the couch with an air of resignation.

Her gaze lingered upon the elegantly wrapped gift resting upon the nearby table, showcasing a captivating piece of artwork within.

She couldn't help but question the practicality of its size, her voice betraying a hint of uncertainty as she mused aloud, "This is quite large. I wonder if I am capable of carrying it..."

In an instant, a swirl of golden and white smoke filled the room, cascading down to reveal Artemis in her avian form as Psyche.

Its feathers shimmered with an ethereal glow as it deftly grasped the ribbon of the gift between its beak, its wings gracefully flapping in preparation for flight.

With a determined resolve, it soared into the air, leaving the man's office behind.

As Queen took flight and disappeared into the sky, Navier found herself resigned to the task at hand—finishing the cake that lay before her

Her thoughts drifted, accompanied by a touch of sadness that lingered in her expression.

Suddenly, a commotion from the balcony window caught her attention, causing her eyes to widen with concern.