60: Silent Resonance

(I'm sorry for dissapearing)

The following day unfolded amidst a flurry of activity within the Trovi estate, each person fervently engaged in the quest to find the elusive "assassin."

Clad in a black cloak, with fleeting hints of a short, masculine brunette mane, and eyes that gleamed like molten silver - these were the meager details etched in Navier's memory.

Yet, the visage beneath the hood eluded her, a frustrating enigma that clouded her attempts at identification.

"Father, Kosair, there's no need for this. It's a past matter, and I've made peace with it," Navier asserted, attempting to quell their fervor.

The duke's countenance contorted with displeasure at his daughter's nonchalance, while Kosair vehemently argued, "It's far from alright, Navier. An assassin signifies a threat, an adversary. I cannot rest until I've killed whoever that man is!"

A soft, weary sigh escaped Navier's lips, a testament to the hour-long discourse aimed at convincing them otherwise. The weightiness of the estate's affairs intensified her concern, blending the personal with the pragmatic, leaving her in a state of disquiet.

"Still couldn't find him?" Duke Trovi queried with unwavering resolve, and the knight reciprocated with a nod.

"We've searched for every man with brunette hair and silver eyes, yet they all plead, saying that they have a family to feed and-" the knight barely finished his report before Duke Trovi halted him, raising a hand to quell further explanation.

"I'll find a solution," he muttered with a furrowed brow, immersed in contemplation. Meanwhile, Kosair reprimanded the knights in a secluded corner for their failure in pinpointing the elusive target.

Suddenly struck by an idea, the duke turned to Navier. "Navier, I have a proposal. Come here, please."

In response, she approached with an air of calm curiosity. "What is it, Father?"

After a moment of hesitation, the duke spoke. "I wish to have a talk with the Emperor of the Obelian Empire."

"..."

Navier's gaze narrowed, a veil of composure concealing any inner turmoil. Yet, she couldn't shake the hesitancy, particularly in the aftermath of yesterday's events.

"Given your connections, could you ask him to visit? His insight might aid us in resolving this matter."

Silence lingered, catching Navier off guard. "Father," she began, "I don't wish to involve myself in this assassin issue. Whoever he is, perhaps he harbors resentment towards me, possibly due to my prior ruling that-"

"No, my daughter. This is of great significance to me. That man displayed skill and succeeded in keeping you away for an extended period. His motivations run deeper," he interjected, cutting short her words.