26: Wounded Wings

Navier, lost in her own thoughts, was abruptly jolted from her reverie by a loud thud that reverberated through her chambers

Startled, her body instinctively tensed as she swiftly pivoted, directing her gaze towards the distant window.

"What was that?" she whispered, her voice barely audible, laced with disbelief and apprehension.

Her eyes alighted upon a single, pristine white feather as it defiantly clung to the boundaries of the glass door.

Consumed by an unwelcome foreboding, Navier approached the glass door with measured steps, her heart pounding within her chest.

As her eyes drank in the sight before her, a wave of trepidation washed over her countenance, darkening the canvas of her visage.

A crimson stain, like a macabre brushstroke against the purity of the floor, marred its ethereal existence.

'This is blood..!'

The realization surged through her being, igniting the embers of fear within her core.

Navier knelt down, her fingertips gingerly embracing the delicate plumage, her brows knitting together in a tapestry of concern.

The feather, with its opulent golden tips, whispered secrets of the bearer it once adorned-Psyche.

A frigid grip tightened around her chest, constricting her breath within her throat.

"Something bad definitely happened," she murmured, her voice weighed with anguish and anxiety.

Stepping onto the balcony, Navier cast her gaze across the expanse, scouring the horizon in search of the avian emissary.

'Where could she be?! Is she nearby?!'

Yet, the skies remained bereft of Psyche's presence, her vibrant plumage conspicuously absent.

A heavy sigh escaped her lips, carrying the burden of her concern and frustration.

She brought her hand to her temple, her palm meeting her furrowed brow in a gesture of consternation and worry.

♕