62: His Threatening Gaze

Swiftly evading, she moved to the left, deftly avoiding the sword that sliced to the right

Swiftly evading, she moved to the left, deftly avoiding the sword that sliced to the right. The assailant, a man, smirked, yet his hand betrayed a subtle tremor, as a deep burn mark on his skin.

Blinking, Roxana glanced back at his silver eyes, a serene smile gracing her features. "I assume you're the one I've been seeking."

His smirk widened, tinged with sarcasm. "Searching for someone when you don't even know who you're looking for? How pathetic."

In a rapid lunge, he swung his sword, but Roxana adeptly dodged, drawing a small blade as she moved.

"Do you wish to know what's truly pathetic?" she inquired, her voice maintaining a calm demeanor.

The man, despite his unexpected presence, felt a subtle underestimation. Then, she finished, "Revealing yourself when you're the target of everyone. That hands victory to anyone who seeks it."

The prone form of the man echoed through the hall with an audible thud, drawing the attention of Roxana, whose unwavering gaze rested upon him

Felix, standing nervously nearby, couldn't help but sweat at the unexpected turn of events.

Addressing Claude, who sat regally on his throne, Roxana spoke with a composed demeanor, her eyes fixed on the unconscious intruder.

"I'm uncertain if this is the one that you and lady Navier were searching for, but my intent was to share this revelation with her, not you, emperor Claude."

Claude, with a hint of displeasure etching his features, observed the bruises and blood on the man. "It was a twist of fate that Felix witnessed your actions as well."

Intrigued, Roxana arched a brow. "I see. However, I suspect she might not appreciate my choice to disclose this to you instead of her."

Claude's expression solidified, a subtle unease creeping into his heart at the mere mention of potential "disappointment."

"Rest assured, Lady Roxana, we are immensely grateful for your assistance, and we rejoice in your success in apprehending the culprit!" Felix interjected, nervously laughing as he shook Roxana's hand under the weight of her piercing gaze.