Chapter 9: Angry Promises

A/N: Hi everyone. It's been a while but I hope you are all doing fine. Just for a little context, I've been a little low lately and I wanted to let some steam off so I apologise for the song.

~~~~~~~

"Am I that unlovable?"

"Of course not. I love you a lot. He's the unlucky one to have lost a gem like you."

I scoffed. "I doubt it."

"Forget this jerk. It's our siblings time."

"Yeah, sorry."

"What do you want to do?"

"Cry."

He sighed muttering "The day I meet him he's gonna get a good old beating."

"You better not hurt him."

"Oh come on. You're not gonna protect him after everything."

"What can I do? I don't not love him"

"I know it's hard but you have to get that out of your head. The past is in the past. You have to move on from him."

"Easier said than done."

"Let's do something else to get him off your mind. Any new song?"

"Only break up songs."

"That's a bit against my goal but I love listening to you. Your voice is a melodious lullaby that could put an insomniac to sleep."

"I learned from the best."

"Don't tell me that jerk again."

"Nope. Another special someone I lost and he's not a jerk."

"I'll ignore that last bit but I'm curious about this special someone."

A smile graced my face thinking of my role model. Ela.

"Ela helped around the orphanage a lot. She always rooted for us. Bringing us the best chocolate chips cookies, she's the source of my chocolate obsession, she always got scolded by Sara for spoiling us rotten but most of all she always pushed me to follow my dreams. All I can hope is I honour my promise of doing just that. I won't let anything stop me from achieving that dream."

"She sounds amazing and I'm sure you'll be the best songwriter this world has seen."

"Oh, I doubt it. No one can beat Taylor Swift."

"Fair enough."

I smiled.

"So, songs?"

"You're like a kid."

He shrugged, then smiled bright.

"Well, I do have this new one but it's a bit crappy. Like all of my other songs."

"Now now, it's not right to insult art. Every song it's beautiful in its own way. Especially yours."

"Yeah right."

"Come on, sing it and we'll see just how crappy it is."

I sighed. "Don't blame me later. You looked for it."

"There's nothing worst
You're on the road
It's about trust
When you're alone

You know what? Scratch that. I'm done with stupid sad songs. He wants to play with fire. He'll get burned."