Chapter 11: Misunderstood Promises

A.N: Hi everyone! I'm sorry for disappearing for so long. I hope you are all doing well. I've been really hard time writing due to some events in my life but I finally got back to it this week. It's gonna take me some time to get back to a good level but until then please bear with me. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you for reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As always I was sitting under the tree's shade reading a book. I did not get to finish the sentence as the book was ripped out of my hands. The book was hiding the soon to be corpse from my view but I already knew who it was.

"Catch me if you can, loser."

With that he took off and I ducked my head making sure I don't look at him by mistake. I got up and started to head inside, completely ignoring him. I had barely stepped inside before Sara called after me.

"Bella! Gray just got back. His new haircut..."

"I don't want to hear about it." I interrupted her.

"Oh, come on! Don't be like that. It was long due."

"That does not mean that I can't be upset about it."

"It does actually." Tyler added from wherever.

"Nobody fudging asked you."

"Nanananana." He mocked me.

I would chuck the closest object at him but I'm not wasting that much effort or him.

"Seriously Bella! It's just a haircut. You can't seriously be mad at him about that!"

"He also stole my book."

"Oh my God, is he still alive?"

She was already rushing to check on him.

"He's fine!" I yelled at her retreating back. "For now." I muttered.

"You really need to sort out your priorities, girl!"

I turned around to find Maiva plopping on the couch.

"I know," I muttered dropping beside her. "What I don't know is why I'm so upset about a freaking haircut."

"You sure it's about the haircut?"

I looked at her and she stared right back.

"Ok maybe not."

"Knew it! I mean yes you can be extremely childish but not at this point."

I glared at her. "I'm not- "

"Yes you are."

I rolled my eyes.

"So, tell me what did lover boy do?"

"Well, he did not exactly do anything. It's just sometimes he can act so high and mighty and he makes it look like I can't live without him."

"Which is true."

"Which is not."

"I like him like a lot. Might even be as much as I hate him but I can survive without him and I am someone without him."

"Of course, you are Bella and everyone knows that. Even him."

"I don't know. It's just he makes me happy like giggling and smiling for no reason kind of happy but I sometimes wonder, can I be happy without him?"

"Oh! I see the issue. Everyone can see that you don't need him to be you except you."

"I... Yeah."