Chapter 8: Harmful Promise (Better version)

A/N: I felt like this chapter deserved better so here is a better version of the flashback. It's only the start and it ends in the original chapter. I hope this one is better. I also changed the description of the story. Let me know your thoughts. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll call you as soon as I can, promise."

"Okay, I'll wait. All the best."

He placed a soft kiss on my forehead and I felt butterflies flap their vibrant wings in my stomach. Don't ask me how I know how their wings are

"Bye. I love you."

"I love you. Talk soon."

I smiled. He walked to his new parents' car and waved before getting in. He immediately lowered the window and sent me a huge grin. The car roared to life and he waved at me as long as he could and I waved back with a smile.

I walked back inside while Sara held me close.

"He'll be fine and you will talk soon."

I nodded with a sad smile. I went back to my room and sat on my bed. I was thinking of all our memories when a paper peeking out from under my pillow caught my attention. Curious, I carefully removed it from its hiding spot. It was an envelope with a message written in Gray's beautiful cursive handwriting.

To the most beautiful girl in the world

It's not for me then.

Yes, you Belle. I'll keep reminding you until you believe me.

You can always try.

I will always try.

I smiled at how he anticipated everything I would say. I grabbed the envelope and went outside. I tucked it my pocket carefully before climbing up our tree. Once I was comfortable, I opened it and took out the letter. My breath hitched at the sight of it. It was painted in tints of blue and there were beautiful flowers all around. I took in a deep breath before I started reading.

Dear Belle,

I never imagined I would fall so hard for anyone but you turned my whole world upside down in a good way, of course. Know that no matter how far we are from each other, you will always be in my heart. You made me a better person and I can never thank you enough for that. I hope the next time we meet I will finally be deserving of you. I will call you every day I can. Don't you even think of getting rid of me. You're stuck with this handsome idiot for the rest of your life. I could write to you for days but I might just use up all the paper in the orphanage. I would not want Sara to track me down to give me a whooping. I love you infinitely, to the moon and back, my dear cancer. See I remembered this time. Seriously though I love you lots, lots and lots. Until next time have a great day/night. I'm so glad I'm not there for you to hit me. Love you. Bye!

I love you to Saturn you handsome idiot. I will miss you.

P.S: I know you love to Saturn.

God, how will I live without him?

~~~~~~~

But then I waited and waited. For a call, a text that never showed. I guess I just faded from his memory but he never did. I woke up every day thinking of him and went to sleep with him on my mind.

The only advantage of this situation were the beautiful poems that came out of it. I smiled sadly looking at my latest piece of work. I always wrote songs but lately only poems were coming to me. This was the seventh already.

Here we are
Number 7
My favourite
Though it's not even

Just like it did
You went against the odds
Tall kind nerd
You definitely are not

How did I fall?
It's still a question mark
But once I did
It was a rainbow arc

Black straight hair
Round glasses
Can't compare
To your curls,
Eyes without lenses

12am, I'm writing to you
11pm, I'll still think of you

I went to sleep knowing my dreams would be filled with our memories and they were. The next morning, I woke up going through the day like a zombie.

"Hey dear. Would you mind going to buy a newspaper for me?"

"Yeah sure."

"No, ice cream."

"Don't worry."

I haven't had any ice cream for the past year he had been gone. I don't even miss it. I just miss him.

I got ready to go out but nothing could have prepared me for what I discovered.

A/N: I don't really believe in horoscopes or whatever but can you guess Gray's horoscope? Thank you for reading. Until next time have a great day/night.