24

it had been about a month since the boys had uploaded the songs. they had gotten more views and they even had a manager now! the boys had even performed at three venues. one being a friends party, a basement, & the other a bar.

tyler remembers the look on the people's faces when he started to rap. like they were asking, "who does this white boy think he is?" their show at the party wasn't really the best place but he'll always remember it was their first performance.

many kids were drunk at the party, in fact this kid attempted to pee on the merch but he was stopped. then he tried to pee on josh's drums. the party was shut down by the cops though. tyler & josh would always remember that moment in the bands history.

their next performance at the basement was a shock to some. many people were kinda confided what this group was doing. josh was wearing a gorilla suit & tyler was wearing a skeleton outfit. but they got into it, those 12 people loved their music.

they had earned some money doing it. when tyler and josh performed at the bar, tyler knew right then and there he wanted to focus on his music career. but would his parents be upset he's dropping out? what if they were ashamed of him for trading education for music?

tyler and josh grabbed each others hand and walked into the deans office.

--------------------

after an hour of explaining why the two wanted to leave the school, and the dean explaining why he thought it was crazy they'd throw away their education, the dead was done.

they signed the papers and all that jazz and had to be moved out by friday. the two boys headed towards the dormitories, proud of what they accomplished.

once they reached their dorm, they got to work. starting with the many band posters the boys had in each of their rooms. once they had those put away, tyler decided to call his mother.

"hello?" his mother said, answering on the second ring.

"h-hey mom, I wanted to t-tell you something." he nervously stuttered.

"what is it honey? why do you sound so nervous?" tyler took a deep breath then exhaled.

"josh & i dropped out of college, we want to go forward in pursuing our music career. we've already played a few places and have earned some money. please don't hate me.." tyler said, trying not to get upset.

"tyler I don't hate you, I never could. sure, I'm a little upset that you decided to drop out of college, but that's okay. I support your decision because I know it means so much to you. don't you forgot about your family when you make it big either, okay my love?" tyler answered 'yes.' and told his mother he loved her. he hung up his phone and slid it into his pocket.

"how'd she take it?" josh asked as he set a box down.

"she took it really well, she said she supports my decision." josh nodded, then scratched the back of his neck.

"my parents were mad at first, but I explained everything and the lightened up." tyler smiled and kissed josh on the cheek.

"can you believe we actually have a music career? it's amazing!" josh laughed at his excited boyfriend.

"it's wonderful, and I'm happy I can experience it with you." the two boys kissed each other then got back to packing.

-----------------------

it was now thursday and the boys were saying goodbye to everyone. in good news, mark was now their camera guy & lights guy. so he was gonna be on the road with the boys & also help rent a house with them.

josh went over to debby and gave her a hug, he could hear her sniff.

"i love you josh, & I hope you invite me to your first big show. you'll always have a place in my heart." debby gave josh a kiss on the cheek, and blushed as she wiped a tear from her eyes.

"of course you'll be invited debs, you'll even have vip & front row!" josh exclaimed, debby giggled at the boy.

"thanks josh, lets hope my acting career takes off." josh nodded in agreement, he's seen debby in plays and she really enjoys doing that stuff.

the boys said goodbye to brendon & went back to their dorm, it was full of boxes.

the two went to bed that night, tyler went to sleep dreaming about them selling out stadiums.

____________________
______________

g'day m8s

hope that was good

only 2-3 chapters left till the fic is over ;(

ily y'all

vote and comment 💬⭐❤