Chapter Two

At breakfast the following morning, Gianna caught up with a fellow Slytherin she had befriended in Defense Against the Dark Arts class; a freckly boy with fluffy brown hair and a knack for mischief whom she had bested in a duel not even a few days ago. Since then, she had invited him to Hogsmeade to help get her supplies where they fought a fully grown mountain troll. It was hard not to be friends after that. Gianna and Sebastian found one another in class and in the great hall and made a point to save the other a seat from then on.

"Moooorning." Sebastian sing songed to her in a deep husky tone. "Saved you the last of the pudding 'know it's your favorite." His lips spread into a cheeky smile. It was true, anything chocolate from the morning spread in the Great Hall Gianna made sure to get on her plate. Obviously Sebastian took notice of this. "You are too good to me." Gianna teased and swung her legs over the table bench. "Did you do Professor Sharp's essay on horklump juice and its healing properties?" Gianna grinned spooning some of the chocolate pudding onto her plate, adding assorted berries.

"Ugh. Don't remind me. That Sharp..." Sebastian tossed back his head and ran a hand through his curls. "He's gonna be the death of me. I've been far too preoccupied to deal with it yet. " Sebastian groaned into his morning porridge. Gianna cocked an eyebrow. "Oh? What kind of mischief are you up to now Sallow?" Gianna teased. Sebastian shook his head amused. "That's a story for another time. The real question is truly, what am I not up to?" He grinned proudly over the spoon he held to his mouth.

Something suddenly caught his eye as he lowered his spoon and let out a bellowing cry. "Ominis! Over here!" Sebastian called out waving his arms. Gianna turned to meet his gaze and her stomach dropped. You've got to be kidding me
The same icy grey eyes from the common room turned toward's Sebastian's voice. He shook his head and began walking closer. Gianna let out an audible grunt. Sebastian laughed. "I take it you've met Ominis?" He teased with a laugh. "We've been acquainted.." Gianna mustered plainly under her breath speaking mostly to herself.

Ominis rounded the table using his wand to direct him. He obviously hadn't heard Gianna's voice because he began speaking to Sebastian as though she wasn't there or he decided to ignore her. "Sebastian, you act as if I can't find my way to the Slytherin table even though we have have all 3 meals here in the same place everyday." Ominis disciplined. "Of course I know that." Sebastian teased him. "I just didn't want you to feel like I wasn't thinking of you." He chuckled and an impish grin overtook his features. This earned an eye roll from Ominis.

"So I've heard you've met my friend Gianna?" Sebastian asked him. Oh no. It occurred to Gianna in that moment that she never exactly asked Ominis his name nor did he ask for hers. So he wouldn't know who she was until he heard her voice. She almost felt guilty for how she spoke to him. But then she remembered how much of a foul git he had been.

"We did. Yesterday in the common room." Gianna answered for him. Ominis's face contorted slightly upon recognizing her voice but remained polite. "Yes. Good to meet you. I'm Ominis." Was all he said. Gianna was surprised he had decided not to mention anything but was glad he didn't. She wasn't sure how Sebastian would take to her friend's squabble. Especially since Sebastian and Ominis seemed to be close. Sebastian did not pick up on his friend's subtle expressions and threw an arm around each of them. "Excellent, now that you've formally met I won't have to do it myself. Us Slytherins have to stick together you know?"

The pair nodded and the atmosphere between them was uncomfortable at best. Ominis didn't look at her or speak to her after that. Gianna didn't attempt conversation with him either. It was Sebastian who did all of the talking with no notice to either of their demeanors.

The awkward encounter ended as classes begun. Gianna had History of Magic and Potions today. Both lectures seemed to drawl on much longer than necessary. Poppy, a hufflepuff student who sat next to her in History of Magic, had become a friend to her of sorts since her brief time at Hogwarts. Gianna and Poppy spent most of Professor Binn's teachings passing notes and gossiping about things when the poltergeist's back was turned.