Chapter Twenty

Gianna had only seen the look that was presently on Ominis's face one other time. When her, Sebastian, and Ominis had gone to investigate the restricted section and Ominis had played lookout. She remembered his pale white expression when he thought he had been spotted by the librarian and thought the poor boy might vomit. Now Ominis met her expression with a Gaunt and pale one.

"Boyfriend?" Ominis choked practically gawking at her. "How the hell did you manage to get me into this?" The posh boy asked in a straightforward manner abandoning his common nature. Gianna grinned with a Sebastian level cheekiness at her friend's lack of composure.

"Your story to Blainely got around I'm afraid." Gianna laughed sheepishly. "He's the minister of magic." She mocked. "'Nothing gets past him."

"I see." Ominis concluded. He looked down and licked his lips as if contemplating his options. On one hand he could avoid the certainly uncomfortable dinner with his just a friend's controlling father and leave her to the wolves or he could suck it up and attend while abandoning his sanity.

"Well." Ominis finished when his options had been mulled over. "You're on your own then."

He stood up to leave deciding that since he made up his mind discussion had ceased.

"You're joking! Ominis please." Gianna said with a groan of desperation snatching at his hand. This seemed to shock Ominis because she shuddered slightly.

"Please. I'll never ask you of anything again. No more Shenanigans with Sebastian. No pranks, No troublemaking.." Gianna trailed off putting on her best debutante smile as her mother would call it.

"I'll be on my very best behavior." She begged sweetly.

Ominis scoffed and seemed slightly annoyed. "You don't expect me to believe that rubbish do you?" He barked at her with an eye roll.

"Maybe not. But I'll swear on it." Gianna offered. "I'll make any sort of Vow you want. An unbreakable vow even!" She continued playfully; a hint of serious in her voice that showed Ominis that despite her delivery Gianna truly didn't want to bear her father alone.

"That's a bit extreme don't you think?" Ominis said barring his teeth at the notion. "No." Gianna said simply smiling greatly at him.

Ominis frowned and looked off distantly. The air was thick and the moment lulled slightly from a teasing moment between friends to a serious one.

"You really care about what your father thinks?" Ominis suddenly asked her. Gianna was caught off guard. "Well sure-" She said stumbling slightly. "Who wouldn't?" Gianna pondered and Ominis adverted his gaze again. It took a second for Gianna to realize what Ominis was thinking.

"I don't." He responded shortly his brow furrowed softly.

"Really? Not even deep down you don't wish he approved of you?" Gianna questioned.

"Well maybe.."Ominis pressed his lips firmly. "Is that why this means so much to you?" He continued further.

Gianna hadn't expected the conversation to turn this way so quickly. She nodded and Ominis squeezed her hand when he felt her pulse quicken. "Yes, I mean before this year my father was so disappointed in me many people didn't know the minister had a daughter." She removed his hand from his and tucked them into her body.

"Did you know? Honestly?"

Ominis shook his head as his neck craned down to face his loafers. "No. It was a surprise to all of Hogwarts." He admitted.