Chapter Eleven

A chilling howl from the ghosts in the great hall and the littering of pumpkins around the tables signified Hallows Eve incoming. The amount of Pumpkin flavoured treats and pastries left Gianna's stomach full to bursting.

"You eat like a farm animal." Ominis grumbled. "You would think the minster of magic's daughter would learn decorum." He scolded with an eye roll gently scooping spoonfuls of potatoes and gravy onto his plate. Gianna narrowed her eyes. "What has your wand in a knot?" She griped back. "I'm starving."

She whipped a crumb of Pumpkin loaf off of her cheek. "It's just horribly annoying to hear you scarf down your food like it's going to wander off your plate." Ominis scoffed and Gianna knocked his arm.

"Ominis. You need not to scold me. We're friends. I know you like me. No need to get all stern on me." Gianna laughed and Ominis turned to face her.

"And as your friend." Ominis elongated. "I feel obligated to remind you of your table manners."Ominis shook his head and shoveled some potatoes into his mouth. Across the table Sebastian sat with his head in his hands. Since their reconciliation in the Undercroft, Gianna and Ominis had gotten closer and spent a lot of time together. Family trauma bonds you Gianna supposed. This was much to the dismay of Sebastian; who now often got left on the other end of the table to himself to listen to their inside jokes or their bickering.

"Alright you two." Sebastian barked. "I'm glad you guys made up but I'm growing sick of your bickersome habits." He leaned back and cocked an eyebrow to Gianna. "Give a guy a break and give it a rest for a day or two. I'm trying to enjoy my dinner." Sebastian teased and poked at his turkey leg.

"Yes Dad." Gianna chimed with a cheeky grin. Sebastian ignored her with a smile and a shake of his head.

To her right she felt someone behind her grab her shoulders and yell," Boo!"

Gianna reacted quickly and swatted at her guest who recoiled back and laughed. It was Natty. "What was that for?" Gianna chuckled upon seeing her friends face and giving her a light hug.

"Trying to get into the Hallows Eve spirit!" Natty grinned. "Garrett told me it's a big thing here. To scare people during Hallows Eve." She remarked fondly and Gianna couldn't help but admire the girl's bright and cheery attitude.

"We do. But not when we are eating and are fuller than a pumpkin." Gianna teased tickling her friends sides. Natty smiled. "I enjoy your traditions here. At Ugadou we did something similar but Hogwarts really gets into the tradition here. " Her cheeks were rosy with delight as she spoke. "Anyways. I have news!" Natty cheered.

"I've been invited to a party. And I want you to come along!" Natty giggled. "A party?" Gianna quizzed her. "What party?"

"A special party." Natty answered her. "I've been invited by Nearly Headless Nick himself. Supposed to be a Death Day party. It couldn't get more Hallows Eve than that!" Natty cried excitedly.

Gianna raised an eyebrow. A Death day party? That's a new one. Natty continued before Gianna could speak. "It's tomorrow and you can bring anyone you want. Open invitation." She glanced from Sebastian and Ominis who were most defintely listening in and addressed them.

"You two are more then welcome to come too." She invited cordially. Although a small gesture this made Gianna smile. Guess she was coming around to Ominis after all.

Ominis seemed to notice this too because he gave an appreciative nod. Sebastian's lips curled into a smile. "Wicked. A party? You've found the right person." He mused leaning over the table. "Although I don't know how fun it'll be to party with ghosts." He grimaced. "But I suppose it's better than what I had originally planned. Eating chocolate frogs in my room all night." He laughed.