Chapter Thirteen

Now that it was November and exam's prior to winter holidays crept closer Gianna slipped into a frenzied state of mind. She tried her best to remember Ominis's words as she told herself to eat and take care of herself amongst the scrolls and scrolls she had to write for classes.

So for the past couple of days Gianna had been inside the room of requirement studying, writing lines, and using her potions and herbology tables to complete her schoolwork. To make matters worse she had also received an owl from her father chastising her for missing her sessions with her OWL's tutor Oliver Prowse and threatening to visit Hogwarts himself if she couldn't bother to attend.

Gianna of course ignored this. It felt futile to study for OWLs if she couldn't stay afloat in her classes she needed to study for her OWL's.

Ominis would come around sometimes. She had invited him to join her since learning about the Undercroft. It felt only fair she do so. Ominis would often bring homework of his own when he did and they'd study together and enjoy each other's company.

On days where he didn't Gianna would study with Deek. She had always enjoyed being around Deek and since she had been in the room more she began to know Deek more personally.

Today, Deek looked sad, and not in his usual chipper mood. Gianna greeted him and noticed this. "Hi Deek. Are you okay? You look off put today." The girl frowned as she saw her friendly companion grow somber.

"Deek misses his friend today. Deek hasn't heard from Tobbs in awhile." He explained and Gianna rubbed his shoulder. "I'm sorry Deek. Is there anything I can do?" Gianna comforted and Deek seemed to really ponder over this.

"Actually, if you don't mind. Deek knows Miss Gianna is very busy," He paused. "but if you can find the time could you go check on Tobbs?" Deek asked hopefully looking down and rubbing his thumb's together. "Tobbs is in Spinner's Cave in the Northern Forbidden Forest."

Gianna nodded a soft smile on her lips. "Sure! I'll just need you to watch the potting table and potions station while I'm gone. Can you plant a few more dittany seeds and make some wigglenwelds while I'm gone?" Deek seemed to perk up as he furiously craned his neck to nod approvingly.

"Oh yes! Deek can do that. Thank you Miss Gianna. Much appreciated." He cried in a worried thankfulness.

Gianna turned to leave but Deek stopped her. "Miss Gianna." He called again his voice raising with doubt again. "Yes Deek?"

"The cave Tobbs is in in the Forbidden Forest..." He trails off and returns to his thought. "It's home to lots of spiders. So please be cautious." Deek warned and Gianna half nodded in thanks.

Before leaving Gianna stopped by spintwitches to get a broom for the journey. If something went wrong she was sure to make a quicker getaway on a broom than on foot. Ominis and Sebastian tagged along on her trip to Hogsmeade since the pair needed materials from Dogweed and Deathcap for Herbology. Luckily Gianna had received an owl from Albie Weeks earlier that morning declaring his wares were in after her long awaited pining for them. As they walked to the shop Gianna explained her latest quest to spinner's cave.

"Are you mad?" Ominis exclaimed when Gianna finished explaining her rescue mission. "Absolutely not I will not accept this!" He lectured crossing his arms and stepping Infront of her path to cease her walking.

"What's the problem?" She asked with hook in her brow. She gazed up and down at Ominis who looked seething mad. The angriest Gianna had ever seen him. Ominis looked to Sebastian for help. "Spinner's Cave has some of the most lethal acromantula's of all the forbidden forest." Sebastian explained. He swallowed deeply. His apprehension made even Gianna question herself for a second. Sebastian has never shown this level of concern for risk before.