Chapter Eighteen

Sebastian's inability to put down Isadora's diary kept his obnoxious prying into her relationship with Ominis at bay. Normally Sebastian had a dozen questions. 'Oi I saw you two holding hands last night gonna tell me what that was about?' Gianna imagined Sebastian would say at Breakfast. Perhaps even a 'you two might as well have a good snog and get it over with,' because according to Sebastian holding hands was like First Base to Ominis. It was to Gianna's amusement Sebastian was head down in his porridge scanning away at the pages like it was an impressive quidditch match.

Anne was far too tired to ask questions but Ominis however was far from letting it go. "Since when do you read?" Ominis prodded stirring at his helpings with disinterest.

"Since I found something worth reading." Sebastian responded cockily tilting his chin in a matter of fact way. "Oh yeah?" Ominis deposited his spoon and settled his elbows on the table leaning forward as he spoke. "What's that? What do you read besides Zonko's joke books?" Ominis pushed with a slight smirk outlining his features. "I read." Sebastian huffed the challenge in his friends voice catching his attention. "Don't make me laugh Sebastian." Ominis teased leaning further and putting his weight on his elbows. "That's barely even literature." The boy scoffed rolling his eyes.

Despite their growing relationship as friends Gianna couldn't help but notice how attractive it was when Ominis grew in his confidence. His short slicked blonde hair allowed for Gianna to take in his features like the accent of his cheekbones as he smirked or laughed at his friend. He had a demeanor about him when he let his witty nature through. Gianna thought sometimes he would be a Ravenclaw if not a Slytherin considering how quick witted he is and how devoted he is to following the rules. Gianna mimicked his smile as she looked at him.

"Zonko's is literature." Sebastian protested. "You may not be sophisticated enough for it." Sebastian retorted to his friend teasingly looking up from his book briefly to insult him.

Ominis just blew air at this fixing his posture. "No seriously what is it." He asked again this time more curious. The brunette boy crossed his arms and licked his lips."I can't show you." Sebastian cried with a tone of desperation. Gianna swiftly kicked him under the table at this. Ominis wouldn't approve of where they went last night or her indulging his interest in healing Anne; but Anne certainly wouldn't approve either. Anne who was now catty corner to them washing her bowl with a dish rag. Potentially overhearing the squabble between the blonde and the brunette. 

Anne would be maybe even more disapproving than Ominis since she had already told Sebastian dozens of times to leave things be. It was evident Sebastian thought of this too as he had lowered his voice now making sure she couldn't hear him as he continued.

"And why not?" Ominis asked suspiciously. He had a playful smile on his face as he leaned forward to snatch the book forgetting his table manners. Sebastian leaned back and kept it out of his grasp. "Oi, hands off Gaunt." Sebastian bellowed. "This is private stuff." He chastised waving a finger at him. "It's Gianna's diary." He sing songed making a glance at her with a non-apologetic gaze. Guess I was wrong about the being out of the clear with Sebastian. Gianna thought.

"What?" Ominis and Gianna broke out together in shock. Ominis's face tinted pink. "It is not." Gianna protested fiercely. "Oh but it is." Sebastian said turning to her again. "I'm reading a juicy passage here. Oh look.." He gave Gianna a sinister glance. "Here's a part about you Ominis." He chortled to himself pretending to put his feet up and indulge in something interesting.

"Stop it Sebastian." Gianna said sternly her face matching Ominis's. "Today I saw Ominis today. Man he is so dreamy!" He said falsifying Gianna's voice. Gianna attempted to sock him but the boy ducked swiftly and spun around the table as he continued. "His eyes are like pools and his touch feels like the crackle of the common room fireplace." Sebastian had the biggest shit eating grin on his face as he glowered over at her with his eyes.