Chapter Fifteen

The antidote brew was as quick acting as the poison had been. The droplets seeped into her eyes and Gianna felt a sense of relief she had been pining for. She stayed in the Hospital Wing to rest after her treatment and Madame Blainely discharged her that Afternoon.

Luckily her sight came with it. The blurriness subsided and she could recall shapes and lines now. Gianna wasn't sure how Ominis managed himself for so long.

Catching up as a 5th year was hard enough already. Not to mention all the homework she got from missing class. The scrolls upon scrolls from Sharp was enough to buckle her knees when she saw how much he had demanded.

On top of that the Howler from her father rang in her ears. Gianna remembered the sound of paper tearing and the howler spilt open its envelope  in a burning rage. Her father's disciplining tone was palpable in the room. As he yelled at her his voice carried through the high ceilings in Hospital Wing. She faintly remembers other occupants shushing her as if anyone can stop a howler. What asshole sends a Howler at night anyways? Oh right. Her Father.

Gianna Isabelle Romano. Your mother and I are most disappointed in you. Spiders? Roaming about the grounds at night? Skipping your OWLs lessons?Have you lost all sense of decorum young lady. I have a right of mind to pluck you from hogwarts myself. I will be attending hogwarts to reprimand this behaviour myself. If you keep your wits about you I may not have to pull you from classes.

The howler had blown a raspberry at her and shredded into hundreds of pieces.

Her head hurt at the idea of her father sauntering about the grounds lecturing and barking at her. She knew she would never hear the end of how she had 'embarrassed him' with the ministry. That was all he talked about. Ministry of Magic this Ministry of Magic that.

Gianna could admire his ambition and dedication to his job despite it being annoying sometimes. It was probably the Slytherin in her but she too wanted to be as accomplished as he was. Majority of the time though his stubbornness was downright pestering.

At lunch Gianna kept her head down as she ate a buttery and toasted turkey sandwich. Gianna was glad that the busy great hall couldn't hear the bubbling in her stomach erupting or the anxious throbbing in her head. She clutched at her stomach and doubled over.

Sebastian who sat across from her questioned her with a chuckle. "You ok? You look as though you've seen a ghost." The Bloody Barron flying over Slytherin table raised an eyebrow at this. "No offense."

"I'm fine. Just feeling a bit sick." She explained. Both Ominis and Sebastian seemed not to believe this.

"Maybe you should lay down." Ominis frowned. "A spider's poison is certainly no laughing matter." Ominis continued poshly.

"No kidding." Sebastian said between mouthfuls of a chicken wing. "Is now a good time to say I told you so?" He spat a bit of chicken dribbling from his chin.

"Manners Sebastian." Ominis groaned. "I can't hear anyone over your incessant chewing." He continued with a stern look bending over the table as if scolding a two year old.

"Ominis darling." Sebastian responded grabbing at his napkin to clean his chin. "You are so naggy sometimes."

"Please don't call me darling." Ominis said with an obviously annoyed tone.

"You seemed to like it last-" Sebastian started with a flirty tone his voice deepening.

"Get a room." Gianna interrupted him as Sebastian's arms flew up into the air in defense.

Just then Headmaster Black approached podium and cleared his throat. Gianna's eyes snapped up and her face fell. "No fucking way."

"Students and Staff. I interrupt your lunch to ask you to applaud our most esteemed visitor. The minister of magic himself Mr. Alessandro Romano."