puppy.

i wanted to write something wholesome but it just might turn out to be short. i had a dog, but i lost him a few weeks back.

surprisingly, writing this chapter didn't make me cry. god, bring him back 😭

˚ˑ

the breeze blew through your hair as you bended down, crouching as you extended your hand to pet the small dog, who peeked it's head from the fence. "come here." you said, talking to the dog as if it could understand you. "are you lonely? i'm lonely too." you pouted, rubbing behind it's ears. "but you're so cute!" you squealed, feeling the cuteness explode. "i want you.. you're so cute!" you said, rubbing under it's chin.

you were so interested in the puppy, you almost didn't notice the figure staring into your little interaction. you turned your head to the figure, it was kim do-gi. you smiled, waving at him, which he returned with a smile and a small wave.

you turned your attention back towards the puppy. "if only i could take you home.." you muttered, petting the puppy's head.

˚

a hyundai dynasty parked outside of the pet shop, a tall man appeared from the inside, closing the door as he stepped out of the car. he walked into the pet shop, taking off his shades as he greeted the staff.

he looked around the pound, looking at the small dogs that wagged their tails in the cage. "do you have any small puppies?" he asked, turning towards the woman who smiled at him. "right this way." she says, extending her arm to the group of small puppies that played around in the pen. "how would i know what puppy she likes..?" he muttered, underneath his breath, shaking his head slightly.

he extended his arm, playing around with the puppies, petting their heads. "then.. let's get this one." he hummed, reaching over as he picked up the dog, in his arms. "that will cash or card?" the cashier asked, extending her arms, as he hands the puppy to her. "i'll pay with card," he says, sliding the card over the counter. "and.. fill out here and please sign." she handed him a clipboard, as he stood to the side, filling out his information. "have you decided a name yet, sir?" the woman asked, leaning over the counter. "oh. not yet." he replied.

˚

"i've finished filling it out." he said, handing her the clipboard. "congratulations, little one. you've found yourself a new home!" the woman cooed, smiling as she hands over the puppy to him. "thank you." he bowed, holding the puppy in his arms as he walked out of the door, the folder of information in his other hand.

"then, let's go do some shopping." he said, looking at the puppy that licked it's nose. he chuckled, "i think she's going to like this." he said to himself. "you don't have to be lonely anymore." he said, placing the dog in the passenger's seat, before sitting in the drivers seat. turning on the engine, he rolled down the window a tiny bit as the puppy raised it's chin, sniffing.

pulling into the parking lot of the local pet supply store, he stepped out of the vehicle not before gathering the puppy in his arms as he closed the door. he walked through the sliding doors entrance heading towards the food aisle for dogs, scanning the aisle as he reads the various ingredients that were added into the food. he picked up a bag, walking towards the aisle with collars and leashes, necessities for raising a dog.

he blinked, looking at the variety of colors to choose from. he looked down at the dog before looking back at the shelf. "black?" he asked, who did he ask?

he walked towards the grooming aisle, picking up different items; including a pet hair brush, toys, and shampoo, placing them in the basket he picked up at the front. "oh. i almost forgot," he said, looking down at the dog. "treats." he said, picking up two bags of bones and other meaty mixed treats.

patting the puppy's head from time to time as he stood patiently, waiting in the line as the cashier shouted for the next person.

"NEXT!"

the cashier presses a button as the counter slides everything onto the scanner. "that'll be $106.47, are you paying with cash or card, sir?" she asked, chewing on her bubblegum. he smiled at her, "cash." he said, pulling his wallet from his inside pocket.

he extended his arm, handing her the cash. she prints him a receipt as another works helps with putting away the items. "have a good day!" she bowed, ringing up the next person.

˚

arriving at home in the evening, pulling out his keys as he arrived at his door. the puppy watched, eyes wondering around as it's being brought into a new home. the dog barks, wagging it's tail as do-gi enters the house. he extends his arm, setting the bags onto the table before crouching as he gently lets go of the pup in his arms.

he stood up, reaching over to grab the bags. "wait, here. i'll be back." he raised his finger, pointing at the dog as he walked into the kitchen.

coming back; a few minutes later with a bowl of dog food, placing the bowl in front of the pup. he leaned down, pushing the bowl slightly towards the pup. the dog bends it's head, sniffing at the food before taking a small pebble of food into it's mouth.

˚

sitting down on the couch as he viewed over some papers. the pup lays beside him, receiving head rubs from time to time.

the door creaks as it opens; as you stepped into the apartment. your bag, drooping down your shoulder, as you cracked your neck.

you walked into the living room, towards the inner rooms. before, you could make it into the living room—you were greeted with a surprise. he stood in front of you with the pup in his arms. "i got you a puppy, so you don't have to be lonely anymore." he says, extending his arms to you. dropping your bag to ground, you eagerly took the puppy into your arms.

"thank you." you said, turning around to face him as he walked beside you. his hand reached down as he picked up your bag, placing it onto the table. "i bought other things as in necessities, treats.." he trailed off. "but.. name. what should we name him?" you asked, twisting your body slightly as you pondered for a name.

he placed a finger to his lip as he thought about a name. "what about hee () meaning brightness?" he asked. you looked down at the puppy, you smiled. "sounds good." you turned to him and smiled. "hee, do you like your name?" you looked down, asking the puppy as he barked in response.

"ohh! you're so cute!" you squealed.

˚ˑ

i really didn't expect to write about 1,100 words. for some reason, i'm not drained, like always.

came back from a religious gathering—man, was that shit boring. i was running on five hours of sleep.

AND, i almost forgot about writing this chapter.

anyways, good night 😴
and please vote and comment!
hope you enjoy! <3