carsickness.

i didn't know what to name this chapter and sorry for the late update..

lmao i was also a bit carsick when i thought of this idea. it was supposed to be short, it ended up longer than i expected.

˚ˑ

11:41PM, you looked at the time as you switched your phone off. you turned to your best friend, sharing her smile as you shouted "cheers!", clinking your drinks together. you gulped a mouthful, scrunching your nose as you tasted the bitterness.

by 12AM, your friends scattered around the club, meeting and chatting with different people. you smiled shyly, letting yourself being dragged towards the dance floor. she hands you a drink—that you downed. your best friend slings her arm around your waist, pulling you closer as she moved her body to the rhythm of the music.

your vision was dizzy, the music sounded fuzzy through your ears. a few minutes later, you were feeling yourself—moving your body with the rhythm. a few guys tried to join in but you ignored them, pulling your friend towards the bar. "more? girl, you can't even stand." she chuckled. "two shots of tequila, please." you asked, sliding a $10 towards the bartender.

the bartender disappears to make your drinks, coming back a few minutes later. she placed your drinks in front of you as you gave her a smile, holding up your shot as you clinked drinks with your best friend. you downed another shot, words slurring as you took a seat by the bar. you held your head in your hands as you looked around in a daze. "i think.. i need some rest! i'm kind of getting tired.." you slurred, closing your eyes as you leaned your head forward.

"hello, i'm youngho. it's a pleasure to meet a beautiful woman like you. would you care to dance?" he introduced himself, kissing the top of your hand. your best friend makes a sound as you give him a small smile, pulling your hand back. "sorry, i'm not interested." you rejected him, looking towards your best friend as you nodded your head. "i'll wait outside with you." she says, slinging her purse over her shoulder.

you bade goodbye to your other friends with hugs, wishing then a safe night home. you squeezed yourself past the groups of sweaty people, following your best friend closely towards the exit. as you reached the outside, the cool wind hits your shoulders, feeling a rise of bumps across your skin. you sling your jacket around your shoulders, although that didn't help much—you were still wearing a dress. you shivered slightly as the cool breeze blows against your thighs.

"should i call a taxi? or.. who's taking you home?" she asked, slinging an arm around your waist. "you know," you replied, holding the phone to your ear as you waited for him to pick up.

the line rings once or twice before the call is picked up. "where are you?" you didn't even get a word out before he asked you that. "..huh? club blue moon." you replied, lazily tilting your head to the side as you held the phone. "i'm waiting in-in the outside.." you slurred, head hanging as you talked to him over the phone. "i'll be there in a few minutes." he replied, ending the call as you shoved your phone into your bag. you laid your head on your best friend's shoulder, talking about random things you thought about earlier in the day as you awaited to go home.

a few minutes passed by and you were busy caught up into the conversation, not paying attention to the black hyundai dynasty that parked in front of you. doki came out of the premium taxi as you lifted your head, bidding goodbye to your best friend as you hugged her. he came towards you, slinging his arm around your waist as he guided you towards the car.

you took a seat in the passengers seat, sitting beside the drivers seat as you laid your head against the headrest, closing your eyes. you reached your arm to pull the door closed as he stopped you. "why?" you asked, confused by his action. he chuckled, pulling the seatbelt across the seat, as it clicked into the other part. "oh..." you trailed off, looking down at the seatbelt. he strapped his seatbelt, pulling out of the parking space as he stepped on the pedal. you leaned your head sideways, staring at outside in a daze.

during the ride, you started to feel a uncomfortable feeling in your stomach. you felt light headed, placing your hand over your mouth as you breathed in deeply. your eyebrows knitted together as you tried to keep it down until you reached home. you decided to hold it, as you tried to take deep breaths which didn't help as the headlights from the incoming cars were also making you lightheaded. "i can't! c-can you please pull over?" you exclaimed, hand covering your mouth. he looked confused, eyes screening your state as he does listen to you, pulling over from traffic.

he sits there confused for a second until you crouched towards the ground. he unbuckled his seatbelt, grabbing a bundle of tissue paper from inside the car as he runs towards you. he placed a hand on your back, crouching down beside you as he handed you some tissue. you took a few, wiping your mouth and blowing your nose. you took the rest of the tissue as you walked towards the park bathroom. "w-where..?" he asked, as he watched you walk away.

you walked into the bathroom, turning on the faucet as you washed your mouth with water. you dried your mouth with a piece of tissue before splashing some cold water onto your face. you opened the door, seeing as he stood there waiting for you. "sorry, you had to see that." you blurted out as you turned away, walking towards the car as you took a seat, closing the door behind you.

doki caught up with you as he takes the drivers seat, pulling out of the space he parked in. "do you feel better?" he asked, placing a hand on your shoulder. "i feel a little bit better. i think i had too much to drink.." you said, staring out the window. he reached his hand towards you, telling you to lean forward as he rubbed your back, trying to soothe your nerves.

you arrived home as you got out of the car. "i have to go, hurry hurry." you whined, waddling towards the doorstep. doki scratched his brow as he opened the door. you slipped in, first, immediately heading towards the bathroom. you grabbed your towel off the rack, turning on the faucet as you washed your toothbrush. you squeezed the toothpaste onto the brush as you began to brush your teeth.

doki takes off his gloves, followed by his jacket as he hangs it onto the coat hanger. he turned on the faucet as he washes the tea pot, filling it with warmer water. he turned the knob for the stove as he placed the pot onto the burner.

several minutes later, small bubbles begin to form in the pot as the water starts to boil. doki reaches his hand upwards into the cabinets, pulling out a liquid medicine for lightheadedness and carsickness. he poured the medicine into the cap, filling the line slightly as he set it down onto the counter. he waited for you to finish as he took out some leftovers from yesterday. he used the microwave to reheat the food before setting some sauces to go with the gimbap.

you placed your feet on the mat as you stepped out of the shower. you took two steps reaching forward as you grabbed your towel from the door. you wrapped both sides around your body as you stepped into the room. you pulled out pjs from your drawers, slipping them on as you dried your skin. you pulled out pjs from your drawers, slipping them on as you dried your skin. you're grabbed your brush from the dresser, pulling your hair from the bun as you parted it into two sides.

you brushed both sides of hair, splitting your hair into three parts as you braided your hair to go to sleep. you threw your braided hair over your shoulder as you unlocked your door, stepping out of the room as you headed to the kitchen. he sat at the breakfast table, waiting for you as he slowly sips some of his tea. "have a bite." he beckoned over for you to sit across from him. "i'm not hungry." you said, taking a seat in front of him. "i think your stomach felt upset because you haven't been eating properly." he replied, munching on a slice of gimbap. "eat.." he picked up one with his chopsticks, extending his arm to feed you if necessary. you picked up your chopsticks, taking the gimbap he held between his chopsticks. your tummy rumbled as you chewed your food. you picked up another one placing it in your mouth.

"i have some medicine for you." he says, pushing the cork towards you. you blankly stared at him before lowering your gaze towards the medicine in the cap. you downed it, quickly, scrunching your nose as you yucked at the bitterness. "thanks for the tea." you thanked him, holding the cup towards your mouth as you blowed slightly. you sipped a little bit as you blowed before taking a gulp.

you gave him a small smile. "that made me feel better." you rubbed your stomach area, placing another gimbap in your mouth.