kiss.

just something i whipped up while i was having trouble writing the previous chapter.
— it went hella different from the original plot 😂

˚ˑ

you walked into the apartment, following behind him as you slipped off your shoes at the door. "hm? no pets, i'd figured you'd be a cat person." you said, waddling around in the open space. you peeked into the living room space, glancing at the books that were left on the coffee table. "so, you are!" you nodded your head. "shall we have some  more drinks?" you made a movement with your hand, as you turned to look at him.

you slipped past him, pulling two bottles of soju from the fridge. you swayed slightly, walking back towards the table. setting down the bottles, placing down two shot glasses you picked from the cabinet. you took a seat in front of him, shaking the bottle as you twisted the cap. he placed his hand on your arm, stopping you. "i don't think you should-" you shrugged, pouring a glass for him and yourself. "one more bottle?" you raised your finger, tilting your head. you clanked glasses with a smile, downing the shot. you turned to face him again, extending your arm and pouring another shot. he stopped your hand, "isn't that enough? you can't even keep yourself balanced." he nagged as you wrinkled your nose at him. you leaned your chin into your palm, slowly. "hey. why do you keep worrying about me like i'm a child? i'm okay, y'know?" you said, making the hand signal with your fingers as you smiled. you poured yourself another glass, hearing a sigh escape his lips.

"alright. one more shot?" you asked, tilting your head. "i don't want to seem like an alcoholic to you.." your eyes dropped, glancing at the table as you downed the other shot. "huh? when was- did i make it seem like that?" he asked, leaning towards you, hand placed on his chest. you glanced up at him, eyes dropping towards your glass. "no, no. it's not that. just, if i drink too much like this, doesn't that make me-" you shook your head as he sighed in relief, interrupting your rambling. "you're not an alcoholic. you don't even drink like that! who told you that?" he defended, pushing the seat back as he stood up abruptly. you extended your arms, trying to grab onto his jacket—you motioned him to sit down. "i don't think i'd ever let it get to that. i just enjoy the feeling, i guess." you laughed it off, pulling his sleeve. he takes a seat, calming himself as he looks towards you, leaning over the table. "who said that?" he asked. you shook your head, "let's not dwell.." you trailed off, extending your arm to grab the bottle but you missed. you reached again, aiming to grab the bottle but he grabs your wrist. "i think that's enough for you, besides that was your last shot." he said, pushing the bottle aside. "you're no fun!" you scrunched your nose at him, standing to your feet. "i need to use the bathroom." you said, looking down at him.

"i'll be back~" you said, swaying as you walked through the living room. "w-wait! you might need some help, let me-" he stood from his seat, reaching forward as he grabbed your arm from behind. "huh?" you turned your head, removing his grip from your arm. "no, no. it's okay, i got this." you pushed his hands off, swaying as you tried to walk towards the inner rooms. a sigh escaped your lips, as your arm reached out, holding onto the walls. suddenly, you stepped onto your feet, slipping. you fell over, shutting your eyes—ready to hit the floor. you felt a pair of arms, wrapping around you as your body is being pulled backwards. your back hit his chest, you raised your head to look up at him. "are you going to follow me to the bathroom?" you asked. "i'll wait outside." he said, slinging an arm around your shoulder as he guided you to walk.

you finished your business, stepping out of the bathroom. you jumped—startled, forgetting that he said he was going to wait for you. you waddled past him, your feet coming to a halt as he grabbed your arm. you turned around, raising your eyebrows. he pulled you towards him, as you stumble bumping into him. he places his arm around your shoulders and you feel yourself being lifted. a sound escapes your lips, startled—wrapping your arms around his neck. he carried you towards the living room, setting you down onto the couch. "i could've walked. you keep treating me like a child." you chuckled. "i don't want you hurting yourself." he said, extending his arm as he cupped your cheek. his thumb swiped over your lips as he leaned in closer, closing the space between lips. he pressed his lips against yours, while his other hand holds the back of your head. his palms leave your cheek, placing them on your shoulders as he pushed you onto your back. you fall backwards, your back hitting the cushion. you pulled away from a second, due to the impact, before reconnecting your lips with his. you kissed back, passionately, wrapping your arms around his neck—pulling him closer to your body. his eyes widened, flying open as he looked down at you. he smiles, a faint chuckle escaping his lips as he cupped your cheek, leaning closer towards you. your foreheads pressed against each other as he deepened the kiss.

˚ˑ

it's a bit shorter this time. but why are the paragraphs so long? 💀i'm definitely a little drained. i don't even write that much for an essay, but writing imagines be different—essay's are boring.