chapter two-

"What do you mean it was a bust?"

A harsh groan echos out, and the man at the head of the table clenched his eyes shut, hands moving across his temples.

No doubt trying to ease the migraine he's got.

"I mean- the whole place was rigged. The location got leaked, and the heroes raided it."

"How many casualties?"

"About 12, all of them our men."

A sharp curse sounds.

With a sigh, the man waves the other out of the room. His form was utterly exhausted. He raises his head and turns to the masked man beside him.

"Bellator, you were supposed to be in charge of this expedition. Yet you didn't go- and suddenly we have a mole?" The man questioned.

Bellator raised his head, shoulders tense. "You think I'm the mole?" He asked angrily.

The man sighed, "no- that's not what I mean. Just- why didn't you go? Don't get me wrong, if you would have gone- you would have-" a defeated sigh, "I'm grateful you didn't go, but why?"

Bellator hummed, "a gut feelin' is all."

The man raised an eyebrow, glancing at others with a look.

"A gut feeling. Of course, maybe we should ask for your input next time. Make sure this 'gut feeling' is reliable after all." The man retorted.

Noticing the man's seriousness, Bellator purses his lips. "Sure, I can do that. Just let me know beforehand."

The man sighs and Bellator takes that as a cue to leave. Turning his heels he walks towards the large double doors.

"Techno? I love you."

Techno pauses.

"Love you too, Phil."

The heavy doors slam behind him, leaving Death on his own once more.
---------

"Holy shit, that kid was right." He muttered in utter exasperation.

Lmao L-POG-Small child-SMALL PSYCHIC CHILD-Wtf-KILL THE CHILD-kill the child-RECRUIT?-Imagine dying-NERD

"Oh, my fuckin- will you all stop?" Techno groaned, running his fingers through his pink hair. "Who is that damn kid?" He questioned quietly.

BABY-little baby man-KILL THE CHILD -Yall shut up omg-NO CHILDREN ONLY NERDBUR-kill yourselves

"Stop tellin' people to kill themselves chat," Techno grumbled.

"Children." He scoffed to himself, sighing and standing up as he walked off. He needed to do something to get his mind off this, not mess around with Chat.

He made his way to the kitchen, running into his own child.

"Wilbur." Techno greeted absently.

"Ayup." Wilbur greeted absently, he seemed to be focusing on something very intensely. It was the coffee pot.

"You're not trying to rig it to explode again, are you?" Techno asked, getting into the fridge.

"Not exactly. There's this coffee shop I've been going to, I'm trying to replicate my favorite coffee. Thanks for the idea, though." Wilbur said of handedly.

Techno hummed, staring at the other for a moment, before deciding to leave the man alone. He grabs one of the water bottles, and then closes the fridge.

'Speaking of coffee shops..'

"Do you know if the mission is still on for next week?" Techno asked, turning to glance back at his son.