Chapter five-

A completely collapsed building, 3 casualties and 1 presumed dead...Strangely enough.

From two children, even stranger.

"What even happened?" Sleeper asked, he sounded bored. He came up behind Dream and handed him the notepad he'd had.

"According to Hellflame, a gas canister blew after those kids shot at every single pipe in the building." Dream sighed, he would kill for a nap.

"And no one thought to call the police?" Sleeper asked, deadpanned. He yawned as they looked at the damages on the building in front of them.

"They- according to witnesses, " Dream trailed, "had orbeez guns, no one thought they could do real damage." He sighed, going through Sleepers notes.

"Guess that explains why they never called anyone. How can educated people be this stupid?" Sleeper mumbled, stretching out his limbs.

"The gas leak, probably." Dream grumbled.

"Dream! Found the mother!" Hellflame called, Dream and Sleepers gaze directing over as they dashed over.

It was a woman, she had messy brown hair sticking every which direction, glasses- and well, what can only be described as bruises under her eyes.

"Could do with your spores, Sleeper." Dream muttered as they walked over. Sleeper gave a snort.

"Ma'am,'' Sleeper said bluntly. "Are those your kids?" He asked, referring to the children, who were attempting to bite a police officer's leg.

"Yeah." The woman answered blankly.

"...Did you know there used to be a building there?" Sleeper asked, motioning towards the rubble.

"Doesn't look like it." The woman said, wobbling as she stood.

She is so clearly sleep deprived, it made Sleeper look like a morning person.

"ma'am, they had orbeez guns. They froze the orbeez. They didn't have toys." Dream crossed his arms.

The woman just stared at him, clearly not in the conversation at all.

The trio was silent, waiting for a response.

"...Hellflame, take the kids into custody." Sleeper ordered, Dream nodded along.

"Scatter!" One of the kids suddenly screamed, they both started running in a zig-zag pattern, only stopping when they ran straight into each other.

They fell into the dirt, inhaling it. They burst into coughing fits before they spirited away, pushing at each other.

Everyone was too stunned at the scene to chase after the children.

"What the absolute fuck." Dream muttered as the children disappeared from sight.

"Rambunctious kids, aren't they?" The woman said, slowly blinking in the direction of the two runaway children.

"Uh, at least she didn't help them escape?" The flame hero muttered, turning attention to the stunned officers, he started barking out orders. "Search for them, we need to find them before they cause any more damage!" Hellflame demanded, his tail swishing anxiously.

Police scatter about at the order.

The trio, after filling out their debrief, tried to move as much rubble as possible before the clean up crew got there.

Dream really hates mondays.

----

Tommy was miserable.