Chapter 20-

If Phil thought could leave the room without it turning into a warzone, he would do so as fast as he humanly could.

This was so painfully awkward.

Sometimes he wished he understood his husband's thought process. He was currently sitting in the recliner and stiffly reading a book, the absolute liar. Phil could tell that he wasn't actually reading it.

He wasn't even looking at the damn thing.

Tommy was sitting on the couch next to him, his hospital clothes wrinkled from their impromptu escapade. Wilbur had left the room to both cool down a little and get Tommy some actual clothes.

Tommy was staring directly at the TV, which was turned off.

If Phil didn't know any better, he'd think Tommy wanted it on.

Honestly, Phil was tempted to turn the TV on to fill the miserable silence.

Thankfully, Phil has a son that has a unique talent, making any and all types of noise.

“I'm back. Here Tommy, their definitely going to be too big, but i tried to grab the ones that looked smallest." Wilbur sighed, before pointing his finger towards where he'd walked in from. "The bathroom’s the door at the end of the hallway.”

Wilbur gently handed Tommy the clothes, making a note to place a comforting hand on top of the blond's smaller one.

Tommy only nodded silently before leaving.

Phil took a silent breath, relieved. Tommys out, yes, but that opens a whole different issue. Just because Tommy was temporarily gone, didn't mean the tension went away.

Wilbur wasn't even trying to act like he wasn't glaring at Techno. Phil could practically see the piglin sweating through the chair.

“Wil, let up a bit?” Phil sighed. “You’re torturing me as well, you know?”

“You don't have anything to worry about, you didn't contract a desperate client to kidnap a teenager and have said client almost beat him to death. All because of his power.” Wilbur hissed, staring daggers into Techno.

“I know, Wil. I'm not disagreeing with you, I am in equal measures pissed off. I know you have every right to be annoyed, but he can hardly move. How about you go show Tommy around the house?” Phil suggested, gesturing with his hand to Tommy who had just walked back in.

“I guess.” Wilbur grumbled in annoyance.

“Show him the meeting room, yeah? We’re gonna have him meet the other two sooner rather than later.” Phil smiled awkwardly.

Wilbur huffed and stood up, gesturing to Tommy to follow him.

Techno seemed to relax a little bit, Phil sighing.

“Thanks.” Techno replied shortly, shutting his book.

“You’re in deep fucking shit, I hope you know.” Phil said, crossing his arms.

“Oh really? I couldn't tell. Thank you Phil.” Techno snarked.

“Lose the tone, Blade. Don't forget I am equally as pissed off as Wilbur is.” Phil shot back, glaring at him.

Techno sucked a breath through his teeth.

“...How do I make this better, Phil?” Techno asked quietly. “To be fair I didn't expect her to nearly bludgeon the kid to death.”

“Time, Tech. It’ll get better with time, but good luck trying for Tommy's trust.” Phil shook his head gently.

“God fucking dammit.” Techno sighed, holding his face in his hands.