chapter 8-

"Okay, Dream, what do you sug-"

"Arrest them." Dream said without hesitation.

Sapnap wanted to rip his head off of his shoulders.

"Dream, I didn't even get to finish…" Bad mumbled quietly.

"I don't care, Bad. We need to be focusing on Syndicate."  Dream rolled his eyes.

"Dream, this is serious! We can't just arrest Puffy." Bad sighed.

That got Dreams' attention.

"Wait, what? What about Puffy?" Dream asked, staring Bad in the eye, who wasn't very amused.

"Weren't you even listening? Dream, this is serious! We've gotten a tip off about how the Captain could be in cahoots with the Syndicate." Bad explained.

It made Sapnaps blood boil.

The apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.

Puffy, interacting with the Syndicate, possibly tipping them off.

Dream, who only gives a shit about his job when he has a possible moment to murder a man.

Mother and son, at least one of them seemed to care about their job.

To some degree.

"Come on, Puffy's been here longer than all of us. She wouldn't just betray the commission." George scoffed a bit, he wasn't listening either.

"Dream, Do you care if I explain?" Bad mumbled softly.

Dream looked a bit confused.

"I guess?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Well, Puffys been in mourning. I don't know how much Dream's shared with the two of you, but…" Bad trailed off, trying to find the right words.

"Oh right, about my brother going missing? I kinda forgot about that." Dream mumbled.

If it weren't for Bad grabbing Sapnaps wrist under the table, Sapnap would've pounced.

"Puffy's not been receiving anything for the fact he's missing. She's not getting any remote access to his case file, no time off. It's been so long the teams are looking for a corpse now." Bad explained.

Dream looked bored.

Sapnap couldn't believe he had the audacity to look bored at the topic of his own brother possibly being dead-

Sapnap doesn't even blame Puffy for going to the Syndicate; at least they'd actually do something!

"I'm- I'll investigate this myself. I'm gonna go talk to Puffy." Sapnap said.

"We have a job later, don't forget." George reminded, messing with some gadget in his hand.

Sapnap stormed out of the room.

Had he been in that room a moment more with Dream, he might have actually pulled his spine out of his ass.

He doesn't know how Bad does it.

He was actually going to talk to Puffy. He's the one in charge of the police department, Dream gave him the quote-un-quote, 'boring job'.

He found her quickly, she was sorting out paperwork in the break room.

"A bit contradicting, you know. Working in the break room." He broke, smiling at Puffys humorless laugh.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm a workaholic, blah, blah." She huffed with a tired smirk.

"I wanted to talk to you." Sapnap started, Puffy looked up from her work.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Well, before I start, I'm- I'm so sorry for your loss." Sapnap took a deep breath.