chapter 12-

"The case was closed, sir. We can't do anything." The voice explained as gently as he could.

"Who the fuck closed the case I re-opened?" Sapnap snarled.

"Hellflame. Language, and calm down." Bad scolded gently, a hand on his shoulder.

He took a deep breath in.

"Whom the fuck keeps closing the case?" Sapnap repeated.

"That's not what I meant and you know it." Bad grumbled.

"Sir, you know we can't disclose that information. I can't give you anything more than we already have." The officer explained.

With a glance at his badge, Sapnap saw the name 'Jack' written. Good, now he knows who to write up.

"How do you not know? That's your whole damn job!" Sapnap asked, crossing his arms.

"I'm honestly not sure, but it says Dream was in charge of this case. I can't really question his motive." Jack explained.

"AND THAT'S ENOUGH TO CLOSE THE CASE?!" Sapnap shrieked, fire lighting up from his wrists to his shoulders.

"Hellflame! You're going to burn through your shirt, calm down right now!" Bad demanded, instantly patting away the fire on the man's shoulders.

"He's right, you know. Look, Hellflame, I'm trying to keep the case open as long as I can, man. But I don't have the authority to go against Dreams order." Jack said, exasperated.

"Goddammit." Sapnap cursed.

Bad just sighed.

"Look, I know you wanna help the Captain, but I don't think there's much more we can do here. You're just trying to pin this on Dream." Bad said, rubbing his fingers against the bridge of his nose.

Sapnap tried not to ignite in front of civilians.

"Because its so fucking obvious he did-"

"Wait, you're trying to pin what you suspect as a murder, on the number 1 hero?" Jack asked.

Sapnap looked over at him.

"That's none of your business." Sapnap hissed, shoving past bad as he stormed out.

Bad sighed a bit and nodded politely at Jack before following.

"Are you doing ok?" Bad asked.

"No, I'm not. I don't understand-" Sapnap hissed, groaning into his hands.

Bad sighed.

"It's alright, I know this is bothering you, but you can't pin this on Dream. There's no evidence." Bad explained, placing a hand against Sapnaps shoulder.

"But why would he close the case without notifying Puffy? Why would he not care that his brother is gone?" Sapnap whispered, clenching his hands.

"I think you've been working too much. How about we take a vacation? We could head over to Las Nevadas, Skeppys been wanting to go over there for a while, it's apparently a really big tourist attraction." Bad hummed.

"You think I need a vacation?" Sapnap asked.

"Of course. These last few weeks have been awful. Let's go have some fun. Maybe you'll even meet a girl! Or a boy!" Bad encouraged.

"Oh my god, Bad." Sapnap, covering his face.

"What? You could!" Bad laughed.

"Just- Let's get back to the tower." Sapnap huffed.

Bad laughed. "Okay, but think about it. You barely even spend time with us anymore." He complained.

"Yeah, yeah- we'll see." Sapnap rolled his eyes.