chapter 9-

Quick AN- so uh i totally havent been forgetting to post chapters on here, and ehen i do remeber post all of my missed ones in one big heap. Absolutely not, how absurd!
_______________________________

Nothing.

Not a single remote mention of a kid named Foolish, not even a missing persons report.

"I need the chief, right now." Hellflame said as he stormed into the police department.

"Woah, woah, Hellflame! How's it-"

"Chief. Now." Hellflame demanded, crossing his arms.

They seemed to have the sense to tell he was fucking livid, a sheriff shooing off someone to go get the Captain.

"Uh, are you alright, Hellflame? Anything I can help you with?" Someone asked, clapping a hand on his shoulder.

He was older than Hellflame by quite a bit, he looked like a prick.

Hellflame was done working with pricks.

"Don't touch me. Once I get to the bottom of this, someone is getting fired." Hellflame threatened, the guy jumped back.

"Is that a threat? Kid, I've been here longer than you've been alive-"

"And I'm your goddamn boss, quit trying to patronize me because you half ass your job-"

"Hellflame." A voice rang, Hellflame turned to see the all too familiar duo.

"Punz, Purpled." Hellflame mumbled.

"Don't yell at the elderly. Even if they are dicks." Punz snorted. "Haven't seen you in a hot minute."

"I was under the assumption I didn't need to watch over everyone like a shitty god." Hellflame huffed, Punz snorted.

"Fair enough." The blond shrugged.

"Hellflame." A voice greeted Hellflame turned to see 3d glasses.

"Manifold. I want all the unsolved missing persons files from last year, and I want you to go through the year before that." Hellflame demanded.

"Woah, woah, woah, slow down a bit." Jack huffed. "Can't you just tell me who the missing person is? I can look up the file from there?" Jack waved his hand about.

"...Foolish Gamers. The Captain's son." Hellflame mumbled reluctantly.

"I'll go through the files. I don't recognize that name off the top of my head." Jack hummed a bit.

"I'll help you." Hellflame said. Jack shrugged and led him to the back.

"Gamers…Gamers…" Jack mumbled, going through the files.

Hellflame crossed his arms and bounced back and forth on his heels.

"Right here. Foolish Gamers." Jack said, pulling out the file and handing it to Hellflame, who immediately ripped it open and started going through it.

"...Case closed? Why was this case closed?" Hellflame demanded.

"If you read right there, Hellflame, the case was closed by Dream." Jack sighed.

"...What about searching for a corpse?" Hellflame asked.

"The investigation never lasted that long. It was only a few months that Captain called it in that Dream canceled it out and told us he'd tell her about it." Jack explained.

"I guess that explains why Dream was so nonchalant about it. Why wasn't Puffy ever told the case got closed?" Hellflame asked, Jack shrugged.

"I gave that job to the sheriff. He was half in charge of the case." Jack shoved his hands in his pockets.