chapter 10-

AN- slight warning for descriptions of violence!_______________________________________

Tommy seemed abnormally paranoid.

Wilbur, being the most emotionally inclined, and smartest person ever, noticed how skittish Tommy was acting.

"Tommy, red pill or blue pill?" Wilbur asked suddenly, staring at him as he wiped down the counter.

"Jokes on you, bitch. I haven't seen The Matrix." Tommy replied coolly, scrunching his nose.

Wilbur snorted. "Yeah? How'd you know it was The Matrix, then?" He asked.

"It's called mainstream media, asshole. Everyone knows the red pill-blue pill. A drug addict's one fish, two fish red fish blue fish, innit?" Tommy huffed, turning up his nose dramatically at Wilbur.

(This joke confused the hell outta yuri.)

"What?" Wilbur wheezed, shaking his head. He leans his cheek against his palm and hums. "So, where are your friends today?"

"They had to stay at home today, they're takin' a lazy day." Tommy shrugged.

"Yeah? Is that why you're acting all sad?" Wilbut blurted, blinking as Tommy looked at him.

"I am not sad, dickhead." Tommy chuckled. Wilburs eyebrows creased.

"It's understandable if you are, I mean all that stress is surely a lot- especially for a baby." Wilbur said dramatically.

Tommy squawked, and hit Wilbur with a spoon. Wilbur petting out a dramatic yelp at the assault.

After a few fake dramatic apologies, Wilbur crossed his arms on the counter.

"So, is that guy still bothering you?" He questioned, with a slight glare. Tommy still refused to tell him anything about them.

It ticked Wilbur off to no end, that Tommy didn't trust him with that information.

Wilbur could protect him.

But Tommy didn't know that.

Tommy didn't know who he was, and Wilbur didn't want him to.

But he wishes he could strangle whoever made Tommy feel unsafe, regardless.

"No, It's not him. Just feels a bit weird. Anxious. No need to worry." Tommy shrugged a bit.

Wilbur really wanted to take that at face value. But he'd rather be safe than sorry.

Wilbur watched as Tommy meticulously organized his mugs onto the cup rack, moving them around at seemingly random.

He'd never understand this kid sometimes.

"You sure? You know you can tell me if something is wrong," Wilbur stated his voice taking a musical tint.

Tommy looked back at him, his lips pursed a bit. His eyebrows scrunched before he blinked rapidly and shook his head.

"Really, big man. All good in the hood. Promise." Tommy sighed.

"Alright, just making sure." Wilbur said, tapping his nails against the counter and smiling. "If someone bothers you ill fuck 'em up." He teases.

"Dude, the only thing you got goin' for you is your height, Wilbur. You have noodle arms." Tommy snorted.

Wilbur scoffed and pouted.

"Oh child, how could you wound me this way-" Wilbur gasped, clutching his chest.

"Old man!" Tommy threw back, Wilbur let out a fake strangled noise.

"It hurts!" He cried.

Wilbur heard a snicker from behind him and he turned to face a familiar pink haired woman.