Chapter 18-

Puffy didn't know what to expect when she woke up. Unfortunately, she had gotten used to the rancid smell of blood and sweat.

Her head felt light, and she groaned at the harsh fluorescent lights above her.

She looked down at her hand, it was still handcuffed. There were bandages wrapped around her fingers– or, well, lack thereof.

She slowly moved her hand, it ached worse every time she moved it.

She vaguely registered the door opening the shutting.

"You're up. You've been out a while." Dream hummed stepping into the room.

Puffy vaguely recognized that he was once more without his mask.

"Clay." Puffy groaned absently.

"Looking a little pale, pops." Dream laughed.

"Really? I wonder why." Puffy stated blandly. "How long have I been here?"

"About three days. I've been finalizing everything regarding Tommy. We’re not in any hurry and I wanna make sure I have all the details. I just need you to answer a few more questions, then I'm done with you." Dream explained, flipping open a notebook.

Puffy gave him a weak glare.

"Let's get this over with." She mumbled.

"So, you said before Bellator had pink hair? Was that all you saw of him? Any hybrid features, anything distinguishable?" Dream asked.

"He said to call him Blade, that he had a son, was married, and knew the owner of the Cafe we were at." Puffy explained.

"Alright, anything about Death or Siren?"

"I only ever met with Bellator, I imagine it was for safety reasons. He- uh seemed pretty protective of them." She finished.

"Ok, Let's reiterate, Bellator or Blade, wanted you to kidnap a child for a reason he didn't tell you." Dream said, staring down at the notebook had been writing in.

"Obviously, you failed. Almost killed the kid. Bellator was pissed and cornered you in the catacombs. That sound about right?"

"Yes, the majority of it." Puffy faltered.

"Any other small details you can think of to tell me?" Dream asked.

Puffy paused for a moment to look over her son's features, the grotesque scars he had gained years ago popping out to her.

Those scars had started his dream of wanting to be a hero. Puffy can't remember the day that happened all too well, only remembering the relief she felt after she had found him.

It was after a villian attack, the collateral damage had been catastrophic. Many people hadn't made it out, so when they finally pulled him out of the wreckage, she was too euphoric to notice them.

Puffy couldn't even remember the name of the villian who had scarred her son's face.

"They call their informants Traitors." Puffy blurted.

"Fitting name. What did you do for them?" Dream hummed.

"I was collecting schedules. Yours, Flames, and Sleepers." She admitted.

"What for?" Dream inquired, tapping his pencil against the notepad.

"They never told me what they needed them for. All I knew was that they wanted them for something. They kept me out of the loop as much as possible." Puffy explained.

"Well, I think we've got everything we need." Dream sighed, snapping the book closed.

"We're done?" Puffy whispered desperately, ready to be out of this damnable room.