Surprise Surprise

I opened the door to my house, and felt a sudden pang of silence,wait, is that even a thing?

I looked around and like I said before, not a sound. I slowly walked upstairs and opened the door to moms bedroom, and there she was, in her closet, picking an outfit to wear, whats happening today?

"Mom, why are you all dressed up, you never do that, and why is the house so quiet, where is Jackson?" I said blabbering them all into one big sentence.

"Oh honey your here, did you forget what I told you, my boss is coming over today with her children, so you have to take a shower and find something nice to wear, Jackson is at his friends house, I dropped him off so he won't make a fuss today," she said, not even looking at me but her beloved closet. Moms these days.

"Oh okay," were the only words that came out as I gingerly closed her bedroom door and went into my own. I threw my book bag to the floor and and quickly went into the shower, what can be better than a nice shower after a dirty day at school?

**************************************************

I opened the bathroom door, and carefully came to my room with only a towel to cover me, I quickly went into the closet to find a outfit, man I should have chose an outfit before going into the shower!

After a few minutes I found the perfect outfit. A white shirt with a sunflower print, matched with a black short skater skirt, but not too short, and a white bow to go wit my messy bun, and of course white converse.

After wearing my perfect outfit I went downstairs and helped mom set the table. While I was setting the table mom was making delicious lemon muffins, the fragrance caught my nose, and as a result I was drooling over the muffins which were currently sitting on a tray in the kitchen table. Whoa I'm hungry all right, I tried to take a muffin from the tray, but my hand got slapped away by my mother.

"Bad girl," she said " no touching the muffins."

"Aw, but mom they look so good, and smell so good too," I whined.

"Too bad they're not for you" she said. "Are you done setting the table, they'll be here any minute now." she said.

"Yes mom" I said, and as soon as I knew it, the bell rang.

"Okay Megh, your gonna stay right behind me while I open the door, and greet them nicely," she said as she took off her apron and headed out the door with me following her. I plastered a fake and sweet smile on my face, as usual.

I know, I know,  I'm such a good actor.

Mom slowly opened the door.

"Hello Rosa, nice to see you again, you too Miley, and Chase," she said.

Wait, did she just say Chase, Chase as in Chase Carter? I slowly looked out the door and bam, there he was, Chase cCarter, the bad boy, wearing a black t-shirt and jeans, with a smile on his face, a bad one of course.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Tresca" he said sweetly.