THE MUMBAI MEET-UP

THE MUMBAI MEET-UP

I sit in the car, the journey is long to the worst phase of my life : the Malhotra Mansion

I sit in the car, the journey is long to the worst phase of my life : the Malhotra Mansion. Mumbai Traffic is thick as jam, but it is only time enough for me to prepare myself of whom all I have to face.

Yesterday afternoon, we had landed in Mumbai. Randhir had had me wear a trench coat dress , with stockings and we had gone directly to his house in Malabar Hill. The big palatial Raizada Mansion stands with 70 rooms, main property with 50 rooms and 3 cottages with 9, 4 and 7 rooms each. Randhir took to the main mansion while I was granted access to the 4 bedroom Noor Cottage.

Randhir has informed me that he would meet my Grandfather and ask my hand in marriage and so, as soon as we had landed I called my grandfather of my arrival and about , 'my fiancé I had brought along'.

He later texted me to tell that my Grandfather had reluctantly approved of him, but not completely before talking to me.

The car stopped in front of the big iron gates of the Malhotra Mansion with gold insignia of the M initial engraved on it.

I called my grandfather secretary and in a matter of second the door to the estate opened.

...

Rajeshwari Malhotra, the elder lady of the house finished preparing the lunch for her favourite and most pleasant grandchild as the two daughter-in-laws watched the great joy of their mother-in-law.

Diya Malhotra , the granddaughter - in - law , wife of the eldest grandson also helped Rajeshwari in setting the table.

The entire Malhotra family was confused with the attitude of the elderly couple.

Chandraraj and Rajeshwari always limited to their cottage on the extreme end of the estate, not interacting with the other family unless important.

Though Chandraraj was still the patriarch of the house, and all the property belonged to him, but they would rather keep to themselves than the toxic families of their two sons.

Both the two sons of them, sat in the living room waiting for whomever their parents were so excited to welcome.

Aakash Malhotra the oldest child of Jaya and Rakesh Malhotra had also freshened up after a half day from his office and waited to ask his wife, Diya, of the hustle bustle in the house.
Aakash and Avyan were also Aarohi's half brother through her mother Jaya.